We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Games

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Rate this gaming PC for me please

Aran157

Likes # 0

Hi, this is my first post. I am getting a new PC mainly for gaming and I've found one with good specs and for a reasonable price. I know my fair share about Pc'S so I would like a second opinion please.

Like will it be good for streaming, is the graphics card great etc.

Thanks!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221005292034?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht1811wt_1011

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Seems a fair spec for the cash but it would be useful to know what your main use of the PC will be? You will also need to add an OS Windows 7 which will ad another £70+ to the price.

Good CPU but I would want to know make and model of motherboard,he says 'high performance' but does not list it. I would al;so like to know what make/wattage of PSU is in there.I would also like to know make model of RAM also.

Like this post
frivbaba57

Likes # 0

Nice info,seems a fair spec for the cash but it would be useful to know what your main use of the PC will be? You will also need to add an OS Windows 7 which will ad another £70+ to the price.

Friv

Like this post
lhalfman

Likes # 0

You are getting a TV just for gaming? Well as long as you take good care of your pc, I don't see a problem

Like this post
frybluff

Likes # 0

Looks like Gigabyte GA-H61M-DS2. They actually leave out the "M" in their spec, but don't think there is a non micro version. They also offer to overclock CPU. Can you OC with H61?

Like this post
Aran157

Likes # 0

Hi there, been busy so forgot to reply, i will be using the PC to play games and also stream them. I have a OS disk which means i dont have to pay £70. I dont get what you mean about tv @ihalfman

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

This one?

Not sure what you mean by non micro version? But that is probably just me. Sorry just got it. M-ATX is fine for most people these days, in fact PCI is all but finished as motherboards get better at providing what we used to need a PCI card to do.

As I say not a bad spec but I would still like to know what PSU and RAM is in the PC?

Like this post
frybluff

Likes # 0

CHRONUS

Yes, think that's board, just they list it as GA-H61-DS2. RAM just 8GB 1333 DDR3, no detail, and nothing on PSU. It's presumably one of those included in the case jobs. I'm not sure, can you overclock with H61?

Like this post
frybluff

Likes # 0

Don't get me wrong, if that build works well and proves to be reliable, it's not bad, for the price. It's just that, having been back to the site, a couple of times (cos it keeps crashing), the more I see, the more I doubt. I don't like sites that use claims like "High Performance" and "Top Of The Range", they're meaningless, except to mislead the unwary. I would recommend you check Cougar PC's site. You can fully customise a basically identical system for about £30 less (assuming Vibox are using a budget PSU, which we don't really KNOW). Whilst I would suggest you actually spend a little more on better PSU, I would be more confident in the service, and support you are likely to get, there.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

flybuff

You are quite correct, no overclocking on any H series boards.So another minus against this seller. But I suspect his Ebay pages are mainly a pre-formed template which he just alters certain details and perhaps the over-clocking mention is more of an oversight. But I would still ask the seller questions. If I was spending this sort of cash I would not be buying from Ebay as I would be concerned about customer service should things go wrong.

Like this post
mick2008

Likes # 0

If you have the windows7 disc I would say that this Gaming PC is quite good for gaming especially at that price.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Sony Xperia Z3 comparison: Lollipop phablet takes on KitKat flagship smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...