We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Games

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

DayZ on a budget of £300, is it possible?

furkissy

Likes # 0

Hey guys, Ive been surviving on games consoles and my laptop for the last year, since my pc died. And was pretty happy with the situation, until seeing some DayZ videos on youtube last night. I simply have to have this game and a machine thats able to run it. I already have a monitor, keyboard, mouse and speakers kicking about somwhere. Im on a strict budget of £300, so need the best my money can buy. Im not a graphics nut, so it doesnt have to be the most powerful machine in the world. But it does need to play arma 2 and the DayZ mod, smoothly and reasonably pretty. And preferably would be able to play other games too. Are there any off the shelf options in my budget? Or will i have to self build? If so, I truly truly hope you can offer advice on that also :D I have no clue what I would need to do, but Im not a complete plank and can follow simple instructions. Any and all advice, very greatly appreciated.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

You are going to struggle with having only £300 to spend.Even a self build would be challenging. I would have a look on Ebay and see if there is anything you fancy then post back here with a link.

One way I suppose is you could build with second hand parts but that is fraught with pitfalls.

Like this post
furkissy

Likes # 0

Ive convinced the other half to stretch to £500 now. How are my chances looking now?

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

A quick look on ebay and this is not bad. Will play just about anything you can throw at it.

I have also put together some parts.Of course you might want a better looking case but I have tried to stay within your £500 budget including delivery.Have a look here.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Swatch to release its own line of smartwatches to rival iWatch

IDG UK Sites

From the iPhone 6 to the iWatch and a new Apple TV we look at the products Apple is set to launch...

IDG UK Sites

Miranda July's Somebody app offers a very unusual take on messaging

IDG UK Sites

The 7 most ridiculous iPhone 6 rumours: what Apple WON'T reveal on 9 September