We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Games

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

is it legal to put free online flash games from one website on your own?

Jwbjnwolf
Resolved

Likes # 0

I have thought about adding a little fun area to my website where have a smallish selection of the most popular games from websites such as miniclip. I know that Miniclip and a lot of other similar sites are completely free, but does miniclip and similar sites hold copyright on the content?

Im not obviously going to go saying "oh these games are made by me", as I'm not that mean hearted, I'm going to put link etc to where I found the games from on my pages, but I just wanna make sure that its not infringing any copyright as I don't wanna say good bye to my site lol.

Sorry if I'm asking a obvious question here lol. :P

Thanks

Jase wolf

Like this post
Kevscar1

Likes # 0

It will tell you on each individual site if you read them.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

The content on any website is subject is copyright unless the copyright holder says otherwise.

If the site in question says it's OK to freely distribute any of its content, or a specific part of it, you'll be OK. Otherwise you must not do it.

Like this post  
Jwbjnwolf

Likes # 0

Ok, thanks FE :)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android L vs iOS 8 comparison preview: Apple vs Google software showdown

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air (11-inch, 256GB, Early 2014) lab tests and benchmarks

IDG UK Sites

Why Google bought Songza. Scratch that: what is Songza?

IDG UK Sites

Google to ship first Project Ara developer boards in July