We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Games

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Half Life ever again ?

iscanut2
Resolved

Likes # 0

Does anyone in the know have any knowledge if a further Half Life game is in the pipeline ?

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Half Life 2 Episode 3 next year I believe.

Like this post
iscanut2

Likes # 0

Thanks Chronus..It's the only game I have ever really enjoyed after Doom & Quake.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Try dead space 2,great game.Or for something a little more unusual try Alice: Madness Returns, very challenging the first time around, not so bad the second time as you keep all your weapons upgrades.

Just finished Warhammer 40,000 Space Marines, not bad. Trine and Trine 2 and Rochard all on Steam for a few quid. I was quite surprised because I really enjoyed these games. Sniper Ghost Warrior. OK

Like this post  
CommandJG

Likes # 0

I'm waiting for Half Life 2 too. Agree with Chronus, Dead Space 2 was great.

Like this post
Rooney85

Likes # 0

Hello Chronus :D Madness Returns seems really interesting. Could you please tell more?

Like this post
smithdown10

Likes # 0

@J_olson99 Half Life 2 was released in 2004, and was followed by 2 smaller 'Episodes' in 2006 amd 2007. They are all breathtaking examples of story driven gameplay and still look great, despite now being pretty old. There are lots of similar first person shooter games out there now, thanks to Half Life's huge influence on the genre. Check out the forthcoming game 'Dishhonored', due in October this year, which is designed by the main designer of Halflife 2.

Halflife 3 is one of the most anticipated titles ever, and is now almost a standing joke in the gaming community for being delayed due to the development philosophy of Valve (who make the game) which has become known as 'Valve Time'.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons not to wait for the Apple Watch: Why you shouldn't buy the iWatch

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How Emotional Debt is damaging digital design

IDG UK Sites

iPhone buying advice: Should I buy an iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, or iPhone 5c, or wait for7......