We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Games

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Skyrim DLC worth getting?

wolfie3000

Likes # 0

Will the upcoming Skyrim DLC (Dawngaurd) be worth getting?

They say it will add around 20 more hours of gameplay and new playable characters, but they are charging £12 for it.

This is the first time iv heard a company charging for a DLC, so im a bit worried that it may not be as good as the hype around it.

To me it seems like a twilight addon, as its just vampires.

Video - CLICK HERE

More info here - CLICK HERE

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Hi,wolfie3000 I have played and finished Skyrim then began again and suddenly realised how tiresome the game was, fight your way though tunnels meet and kill boss, rinse and repeat.So I doubt whether I will bother getting the DLC.

As for paying for it, I have always paid for DLC, Fallout Three and New Vegas, borderlands,Painkiller to name but three games with paid for DLC. The only time I have not paid is when it has been a community mod as in Half-life or far Cry.

If you are looking for an interesting and at times challenging game, have a look at Alice Madness Returns, I got it for 3 quid in a Steam sale but have been impressed and frustrated with the game.

Like this post
Kevscar1

Likes # 0

You can go here and get lots of ew quess and adventures.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/

Like this post
wolfie3000

Likes # 0

Iv done a few cosmetic mods from there Kevscar, some are pretty awesome too. Buyt really im not so sure about this new DLC.

Like this post
Kevscar1

Likes # 0

Just wait a few months and the price will drop

Like this post
Mr Mistoffelees

Likes # 0

I've only paid for DLC once, the first one for Kingdoms of Amalur. It was so disappointingly small, and lacking in any really worthwhile content, that I didn't even consider buying the second. However I will be buying Dawnguard but, any further Skyrim DLC purchases will only follow if Dawnguard proves to be worthwhile.

BTW, Wolfie, why aren't you playing Halo and Perfect World?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 launch event as it happened: Read our Windows 10 launch live blog - find out first as...

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 and the death of the OS as a must-have product

IDG UK Sites

Video trends: 4K is here – HDR video, VR and 3D audio is coming

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK