We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Games

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Gaming PC Build Help!

Samrussell1

Likes # 0

Hello so I am about to order the parts for a new pc for gaming etc but I'm on a very tight budget as I'm just back from holidays. My plan is to order the parts then get a local shop to build it as I don't have much exp in the field.

Here is the parts, I just want to get some opinions on it for value as it seems the best I cant find and also if everything will run smoothly.

Zalman z11 mid tower case.

Asus M5A78L-M/USB3 Motherboard (Socket AM3+, Up to 16GB DDR3, USB 3.0, uATX).

AMD Bulldozer FX-6100 Socket AM3+ 6 Core Processor - 3.30GHz, 3.90GHz Turbo.

Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 CPU Cooler

Nvdia 260gtx.

G-Skill 8GB Ripjaws X DDR3 1333 Dual Kit.

CiT 750W (Dual v12 rails) black edition psu.

Seagate ST500DM002 3.5 inch 500GB Hard Drive (Serial-ATA, 6Gb/s, 16Mb, 7200RPM).

As I said I just wanted to get a second opinion before I buy the parts ( all except the graphics card which i currently still have from my old pc ).

Thanks.

EDIT -

Sorry about posting on two different forums, seems more appropriate for this one.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Would be helpful if you could have mentioned your budget.Very difficult to offer alternatives if we have not got a budget to work to. Also what sort of games will you be playing with that rather dated GTX260?

A couple of things though you do not need the Freezer 7 stock cooler is more than enough,your PSU is rubbish, for a start 500W is more than enough and a poor power supply can lead to a lot of problems in the future.

The minimum CPU you should be looking at is an i3 I expect an i5 is out of your reach but even a i3 2120 is a lot better than the AMD FX 6100 for gaming.

Please post budget and we will see what we can get for your money.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Windows 9 beta leaked ahead of 30 September unveiling

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

How a London VFX studio is ditching desktop workstations for cloud-based creative power

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 tips & tricks: Get to know iOS 8's handy new features