We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Games

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Joystick for PC

frybluff

Likes # 0

Thinking of flight type joystick, as a more "natural" way to play simulator/air combat games. Used to have basic one on old system, obviously a lot more sophisticated, these days. Looking at Logitech Extreme 3D pro, but there seems to be some confusion over its compatability with Win 7 (64bit). Can anyone clarify that, or suggest something better, at similar price?

I take it they all have software, to assist with configuring (ie you don't need a computing degree!)

Like this post
tigertop2

Likes # 0

I have a Logitech Extreme 3D pro and use it with Windows 7 64 bit. Absolutely no problem over the last 12 months. If you are using Microsoft Flight Sim you can set the Logitech up any way you want re controls. Windows 7 automatically finds drivers for it when you connect the USB

Happy Flying!

Like this post
frybluff

Likes # 0

Have also been looking at Cyborg FLY5, which seems quite good. Would appreciate any opinions as to whether one is easier to use, than other (compared to Logitech Ext 3D Pro), or easier to set up/ configure.

Forgive my niaivity, but can one download "suggested configurations", for popular games/ sims, which then just have to be tweaked, or does one have to do a full configure, from scatch, each time.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Sony Xperia Z3 comparison: Lollipop phablet takes on KitKat flagship smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...