We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Games

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Building a new gaming PC

Likes # 0

I just wanna know if all the parts that I'm getting are gonna be compatiable with eachother.

PSU: CORSAIR Gaming Series GS800 800W ATX12V v2.3 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC High Performance Power Supply

Graphics card: EVGA 015-P3-1480-KR GeForce GTX 480 (Fermi) 1536MB 384-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k 3.4GHz Socket 1155 8MB Cache Retail Boxed Processor

Mobo: 7673-021R MSI P67A-C43 (B3) - Motherboard - ATX - LGA11

Thanks for any information you're able to provide :)

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Always helps if you mention your budget. You don't mention the type of games you play as this will have a bearing on the GPU.

If you dropped your CPU from a i7 2600K to a i5 2500k then you could use the saving to upgrade your graphics card which is a little dated now.

Als0 I would go with a Z68 motherboard as opposed to a P67 its a little more future friendly.

What RAM have you included?

Like this post

Likes # 0

The budget isn't really an issue. I'm upgrading so that I'm able to stream games like League of Legends, Guild wars 2 and Diablo 3.

Also, I was thinking about getting the GTX 580, would you suggest that? If so, is http://www.ebuyer.com/286943-evga-gtx-580-superclocked-1536mb-gddr5-dvi-hdmi-pci-e-graphics-card-015-p3-1582-kr what I would want? people have said that the PNY customer service isn't to be trusted.

And is http://www.ebuyer.com/291654-asus-p8z68-v-pro-gen3-socket-1155-dvi-vga-hdmi-8-channel-audio-atx-p8z68-v-pro-gen3 the mobo you were talking about? I'm probably gonna get the i7 with that aswell.

Also, the ram I have is PC3-10600 (8GB) which fits the 1333 slot, right?

Would the 800W PSU be enough?

Thanks for the reply btw, apreciated.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

The mobo you have chosen I have myself and have found it a great board.As for your CPU unless you are going to do massive amounts of video editing then the i7 2600 is OTT and I recommend getting the i5 2500k.

PSU fine,the graphics card great.I myself am looking to get the Evga GTX 680 but the 580 is a great GPU Evga have a very good name in customer service. PSU is more than enough.RAM also fine.

Like this post

Likes # 0

I'm so glad you agree, cos I just ordered all of it, haha :D Thanks a lot for your help, greatly apreciated! :)

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Your welcome.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Netflix to introduce price increase: New subcribers to start with

IDG UK Sites

Apple financial results: iPhones, iPads & Macs sales for Apple's Q2 2014, plus shares to split

IDG UK Sites

Twitter - not news

IDG UK Sites

See Moo Studios' new animated advert for Blue Moon beer