We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Games

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Neeed a new am3+ mobo

Munny

Likes # 0

Hi, wondering if anyone could help please. I'm after a new mobo i have an amd quad core and use my pc for gaming, mmo's mainly. I dont need any sli or crossfire capability and cant decide which one to buy, i mean is it worth going 990fx or is 8 series good enough?

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

All the 9-series chip-sets are the same as the 8-series, the new names are to 'differentiate which boards have AM3+ support'

Like this post
thegatekeeper

Likes # 0

+1 to Chronus's post.

It is good to be aware of such things.

Clive Bokley @ Diablo 3.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Motorola Moto G2 release date, price and specs: Best budget smartphone gets upgrades

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

How to make an 'Apple iWatch' using an iPod nano and a 3D printer