We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Games

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

PC upgrade help

kevinb88

Likes # 0

Hello there, I was wondering if anyone can help me with information what i can/should upgrade.

I have an acer m3400 desktop pc and would like to upgrade it so i can run things like SWTOR on high settings without or with little lag.

I know i can upgrade my Ram and i think it's a maximum of 8gb(meaning i have to buy 4gb more). I do not however, know the type of ram needed. I also want to upgrade my graphics card but again i do not know what type i need and i'm aware i will have to upgrade my PSU.

Current specs are:

4GB ram Nvidia GeForce 315 AMD Phenom II x6 1035T processor

Any help will be much appreciated.

Like this post
Ibanez2010

Likes # 1

It's DDR3 1333MHz you need but your current 4GB Ram should be plenty. Aim for a Nvidia GTX560ti graphics card or better. PSU should be about 600-700W minimum. Buy a cheap one at your own risk. It's better to go with a well known brand such as OCZ or Corsair etc.

Like this post
kevinb88

Likes # 0

Thank you for an informative answer. I have found a psu which seems the brand you said: Corsair Memory 600W Gaming Series GS600 High Performance 80 PLUSĀ® Certified PSU

Will pc's take all psu? or do they need to be a certain type.

Like this post
Devil Fish

Likes # 0

bare in mind big companies like acer dell etc tend to use proprietary psu's so a shop brought one may not fit you may have to buy one from them

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 release date, price, features. The next version of Windows will run on everything:....

IDG UK Sites

An Apple fan's perspective on the Windows 10 launch

IDG UK Sites

Sensor-laden kids' watch with 3G launches in Japan

IDG UK Sites

2014 Retina iMac release date rumours, specs and features: 27in 5K Retina iMac 'launching this mont'......