We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Games

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Upgrade graphics card

andydgra

Likes # 0

I want to play fifa 2012 and need to upgrade graphics card, what is a good upgrade from ATi Radeon X600 256MB PCI-Express

Like this post
andydgra

Likes # 0

hd4670 and hd5670 both around £40, looks good, should I go to a processor upgrade or save for a decent games machine pc, 16g ram looks good but is it worth having that much?

Like this post
Ibanez2010

Likes # 0

The Microstar MS-7091 is an old motherboard so upgrading the CPU won't help as you won't be able to use modern cpu's on it. A semi decent gaming pc would be around £500. 16gb of ram is a bit overkill, you would be fine with just 4gb.

Like this post
andydgra

Likes # 0

what about this one, it's only £26.90 HD 5450?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sapphire-11166-02-20R-5450-DDR3-Graphics/dp/B0036DD4CO/ref=sr15?ie=UTF8&qid=1327008897&sr=8-5

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

You should get a HD 4670 or a HD 5570 at the very least. 5450 wont be able to run games well at all unless you want 800x600 at low-medium settings.

Like this post
andydgra

Likes # 0

thanks for help, I've ordered HD5570 from amazon for £40, I'll let you know how I get on with it.

Like this post
Ibanez2010

Likes # 0

What resolution will you be using on your monitor?

Like this post
andydgra

Likes # 0

1920*1080 is recommended. Installed new card and tbh it's made no difference at all.

Like this post
Ibanez2010

Likes # 0

It's because you bought a cheap low end card which isn't much better than what you already had.

Like this post
Ibanez2010

Likes # 0

plus you are using an old single core Pentium.

Like this post
Ibanez2010

Likes # 0

Can you send it back if you're not happy with it? Save up and get some newer hardware.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Hands-on with Sony's latest smartglasses

IDG UK Sites

The 13 most inspirational Tim Cook quotes