We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Games

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

New monitor resolution prob

podlod

Likes # 0

Hi, I have purchased a new Moniter for my pc and it prefers you place the resolution at 1920 X 1080 for full HD, and I must admit it works perfect. My problem being is that when I revert back to work or do something else on my pc, I have to change the resolution again in the control panel area.Even though I have enlarged the Icons to work with if I stay in the resolution 1920 X 1080 because it is difficult to read. Surely there is a way I can leave my game at that setting instead of having to reduce again at the control panel area for the screen?

Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 0

May I ask, without being rude, if you have sight problems?

The reason for my question is that my monitor runs at 1920x1080 all the time and, despite my lifelong astigmatism I have no trouble.

Have you thought perhaps of trying a different theme? Have you tried the "Ease of Access centre" in Contro panel.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Can I take when you say that when I revert back to work or do something else on my pc, I have to change the resolution again in the control panel area you mean following a gaming session that the screen does not revert to default settings?

If this is the case then that indeed should not happen. You have posted elwhere that you are running Windows XP, what graphics card are you using? Make and model number please and not just series number. When was the last time you updated the drivers for your GPU?

Like this post
podlod

Likes # 0

Hi, I have catalyst ATI Radeon HD 4800 series ( 2795E ) My 3D Refresh rate is disabled in my display options if that has anything to do with the prob? No the screen does not revert back when I shut down my game, previously which would be workable at 1360 X 768 resolution

I wear glasses and have to strain my eyes to see, where I would prefer not to.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

I did ask quite clearly what graphics card you had and not to just put the series. You answered with the series, as you can see here:HD4800, there are 5 different GPU's in the 4800 series. I also asked when you last updated the driver for your GPU, you failed to answer. If you could answer these two questions,hopefully I will be able to help you with your problem.

Like this post
dms_05

Likes # 0

19201080 seems to be the native resolution of your screen - just as my 22" 19201080 screen is. Although mine will display some other lower resolutions it won't display all those available from my nVidia card. Having said that I find W7 and XP perfectly usable at the 1920*1080 setting.

Like this post
podlod

Likes # 0

Hi, Sorry my series is HD4870, and I have recently updated last week, and I have a 27 inch monitor.

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Its like pulling teeth,make/model of monitor please.

Like this post
X7-250

Likes # 0

you should leave the monitor set to its native resolution (1920x1080) using any other resolution is going to give you an inferior display.

try increasing the DPI setting, display\settings\advanced.

the DPI setting will give a universal increase in the size of text/icons, just like dropping the resolution, but the screen still displays correctly.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Sony Xperia Z3 comparison: Lollipop phablet takes on KitKat flagship smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...