We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Games

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Which beginner gaming pc to go for?

Mikeypc87

Likes # 0

Hi,

I am in the process of purchasing my first gaming pc and have narrowed it down to the following options;

Intel Core i5 2500K, Quad Core, 3.3GHz, 6MB Cache/Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3, Intel Z68 Chipset - USB3 & SATA6/Coolermaster Elite 430 Black & Coolermaster Elite 500W PSU/8GB (2x4GB) Corsair DDR3 Vengeance - 1600MHz/gtx 560 ti 1GB/Asus Xonar DG 5.1 PCI Sound Card & Headphone Ampifier/1tb seagate barracuda 7200rpm 32mb cache/Samsung SH-S222AB/BEBE - 22x DVD Writer + windows 7 = £777. Or

• Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit SP1 Operating System • Intel Core i5-2500K (Sandybridge) Socket LGA1155 Processor overclocked to 4.4ghz • Coolermaster Hyper 212 Plus CPU Cooler • GeForce GTX 560 ti 1024MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card • 8GB Mushkin Blackline (2x4GB) DDR3 1600MHz 9-9-9-24 • 1TB Western Digital Caviar Green WD10EARX 3.5" SATA III Hard Drive • MSI P67A-G45 Intel P67 (REV B3) Socket 1155 DDR3 PCI-Express Motherboard • Asus Xonar DG 5.1 PCI Sound Card with built in Headphone Amp • 600W Corsair Builder Series 600CX V2 Power Supply • Coolermaster HAF 912 Plus Midi Chassis • LG 22x DVD-RW SATA Black Optical ReWriter Drive = £802

I will mainly be looking to play games such as witcher 2/skyrim/bf3 etc on high settings but am a bit lost with all the options availiable. I will buy a keyboard etc separately so this is not included in the price. Alternatively, is anybody aware of a better system for a similar price. Also, would overclocking be wise on the first pc option, or would using the turo boost to 3.7ghz be wiser?

I appreciate any input as i would like to resolve my issue asap

Many thanks

Michael

Like this post
KRONOS the First

Likes # 0

Definitely option 2. I prefer the P67 mobo's as opposed to the Z68 which seem to come with a lot of features that most people will never use.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Exclusive: Samsung exits laptop market including Chromebooks

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

How a London VFX studio is ditching desktop workstations for cloud-based creative power

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 tips & tricks: Get to know iOS 8's handy new features