We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Games

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Will this PC fill my needs?

LouieObscene
Resolved

Likes # 0

Hey guys,

Looking to get a new PC, looking at this computer here; http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220679382361&category=179&_trksid=p5197.c0.m619

just wondering if anyone has any experience with Vibox PCs, and if it's a good(ish) setup.

I am looking to Play World of Warcraft of it, and most likely not much else. Maybe Guild wars 2 when it comes out but I could live without that. But yeah, anyways, I pretty much would just like to ask if it would be capable of running WoW at a decent framerate, and possibly being able to record it decently too. I know a fair bit about computers, and I know the graphics card really isn't "amazing" foe gaming, but World of Warcraft isn't really all that dependent on an amazing graphics card anyways, and getting peoples oppinion never hurts. (:

Thanks in advance, - Scene.

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

no..... the radeon HD6450 is a continuation of the HD5450 which is basically designed for media centers and general desktop pc,s used for web browsing.... however the limited 64bit memory interface and slow core and memory clock speeds make this card unsuitable for gaming.Blizzard recommends at least a 5770 to play WOW. You could look at that card or the 6790. If you're on an extreme budget then at least get the 6570.

But although taking into account the above providing you are not running the game on to high a setting or on a to large a monitor then the card/PC will be fine and you could look to upgrade your GPU in the future. Overall a fair PC for the price. I notice that it does not come with an operating system, have you got that covered?

Like this post
LouieObscene

Likes # 0

Yeah the OS is covered. ^^ Thing is, I have a friend who makes WoW videos, high quality and all that jazz and his PC has a crappy integrated graphics card. Which is why this confuses me. >.< Thanks. (:

Could I ask your opinion on this machine then, if it's not too much trouble of course; http://www.comet.co.uk/p/Computer-Base-Units/buy-PACKARD-BELL-IXTREME-I6525UK-Computer-Base-Unit/774596 This is much better I think, but again, I like people opinions. ^^

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

Again let down by the graphics card, unfortunately there is not much difference with the 6450, see here: Compare

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 release date, price, features. The next version of Windows will run on everything:....

IDG UK Sites

An Apple fan's perspective on the Windows 10 launch

IDG UK Sites

Sensor-laden kids' watch with 3G launches in Japan

IDG UK Sites

2014 Retina iMac release date rumours, specs and features: 27in 5K Retina iMac 'launching this mont'......