We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Games

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

NVidia GeForce GT 545 DDR

tsy0704

Likes # 0

My good lady recently bought me an HP H8 1170 for my birthday. I intend to use it mainly for gaming but i am not sure if the graphics card is good enough to run MW3, BF3 etc. Does anyone have any experience with the GT 545 and know how good, or not, it is. I am not too concerned about the games being maxed out, as long as they can run and are playable. The PC specs are:

Processor Intel® Core™ i7-2600 processor (3.4 GHz, 8 MB L3 cache) Operating System Windows® 7 Home Premium 64-bit RAM 8GB Graphics card Nvidia GeForce GT 545 Hard drive 2TB Optical disk drive Blu-ray player & SuperMulti DVD burner Memory card reader 15-in-1 memory card reader USB 10 WiFi WiFi 802.11b/g/n Audio interface 1 audio line in, 1 audio line out, 1 analog audio in, 2 analog audio out TV output 1 DVI (VGA via adapter); 1 HDMI Sound Onboard / High Definition Audio 5.1 Keyboard & Mouse Wireless keyboard and mouse Accessories included wireless keyboard, wireless optical mouse, USB wireless, USB wireless,HP Win7 Media Center Remote Control

Thanks for the help.

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

Definitely upgrade the card it will run the games you mention but not on high settings, but this I think you know as you have posted this question in several other forums.

Like this post
tsy0704

Likes # 0

Yeah, thats the impression i am getting. I am going to take it back to Currys and order one from Dino PC. Roughly the same price and a higher spec.

Thanks

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

I did not realize that your good lady had spent that much. Definitely go to DinoPC and get a much better spec for the cash. To be very blunt for that price the GPU is crap.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Motorola Moto G2 release date, price and specs: Best budget smartphone gets upgrades

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

How to make an 'Apple iWatch' using an iPod nano and a 3D printer