We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Games

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

IS this okay for budget gaming rig?

Sherrence1

Likes # 0

hi there

Ive a budget stretched to 650€ which is 580£

Ive asked a lot of opinions on this and just want to get more assurance

Is this rig okay for rts max gaming and maybe the odd dabble into rpg or gta4 etc? this needs to last a long time in the future and if there are any improvements or compatibilty issues please let me kno thanks :)

So this is what i was hoping for...

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/4xX7i.jpg[/IMG]

thanks for all input

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

I would double the RAM, not sure about a wireless card on a desktop, I prefer a wired connection. Apart from that you have quite a nice build going on.

Buying from Scan is a good idea as they are a company I buy most of my components with and any problems are soon sorted by their customer service dept.

Remember that should you have any problems with your build, and that is likely, I still have problems and I have been building a while now. Do not be afraid to ask questions if you need help.

Like this post
Shershan

Likes # 0

thanks...the psu is good enough u think? thats really what ppl are getting me nervous about :P

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

I was running two similar graphics cards on 500W, so go for it.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

O2 to sell exclusive red HTC One M8

IDG UK Sites

iTunes 12 release date & rumours: When is iTunes 12 coming out?

IDG UK Sites

Welcome to the upgrade cycle - you'll never leave

IDG UK Sites

Why smartphone screens are getting bigger