We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Games

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Duke Nukem Forever

Colin

Likes # 0

Ordered PC version yesterday from Play.com for £26.99 with free delivery and received e-mail today confirming dispatch. Couldn't find it cheaper anywhere else and it's £29.99 to download from Steam.

Come get some!

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

Good find, I am trying my best not to pre order as I have been disappointed to often recently by games, Black Ops,Medal of Honour and Crysis 2 to name a few.

Hope the game lives up to the hype,its been a hell of a time coming.

Like this post
Colin

Likes # 0

I'll post back what I think of it. I rarely buy new games on release but I've made an exception in this case - probably due to nostalgia! Having seen most of the trailers for the game I'm sure it won’t be long before The Daily Wail demands its banning, thereby giving it free publicity.

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

found it cheaper,Game I am sure that I have used these people before and whereas with Play you will get the game the day it comes out, this lot are rubbish, took a few days to get the game I ordered, if my memory serves.

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

This is quite a good website for finding games a bit cheaper.Game crawler

Like this post
Colin

Likes # 0

Thanks for the links. It's strange that the release date is 10 June but Play appear to have it in stock and tell me it has been dispatched today. Anywho, I know it takes a day or so to arrive, so hopefully I'll get it on Saturday.

Like this post
AllThumbs

Likes # 0

I was tempted to get this on the day it comes out....but have resisted. I loved the last duke game...but I was a younger gamer then and this thing is going to have to be something special to justify the cost/wait to bring it to release. Heck of a prelude to live up to.

Like this post
serg.nik

Likes # 0

imho duke - is legend of game world. otherwise it may disappoint players (graphics engine obsolete, flat humor). you must play this - if you are love this legend. /imho

Like this post
Colin

Likes # 0

I’ve played the game off and on for the past week or so now. First impressions aren’t good. Loading times were ridiculous but disabling V Sync solved that, (same with Dead Space). The story takes a while to get going so I’ll report back when I’ve gone further into the game. I am taking into account what the game represents and who it is aimed at so the jury’s out at the moment.

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

I have been waiting for some word from you, most of what I have read about this game have not been good, in fact they have been very bad. I think I will wait till it drops to a tenner before buying it. I'll stick with the Halflife 2 mods for the time being.

Like this post
Colin

Likes # 0

The F.E.A.R Collection for £9.99 from Steam will be my next purchase an then Bulletstorm when it drops in price.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

45 Best Android games: top Android games for your smartphone or tablet in 2014 (24 are free!)

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

Do you have the X-Factor too? Mix Off app puts fans in the frame

IDG UK Sites

iPad Pro release date, rumours and leaked images - 12.9 screen 'coming in 2015'