We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Games

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Deadrising 2

paul654

Likes # 0

Just bought Deadrising 2 for the PC. It installs ok, I've set up a Windows 'Live' account as requested. When I try to play it , it insists that I have to install an upgrade which it then proceeds to download. When it tries to install the upgrade it fails every time :-( If found the update file and tried to install it manually but it cant seem to locate the correct folder to install itself into...very strange. Any ideas...simple answers please, I,m not a PC wizzkid. What happened to the good old days when you just bought a game and then played it !?

Like this post
AllThumbs

Likes # 0

First question is what's your OS. I suspect its Windows 7 cos it's a familiar sounding woe as a guy who came from XP and under 7 games get installed into weird places.

One of the suggestions I've come across just from googling issues is to simply reinstall (as in uninstall and reinstall) the game and patch. It's a pain but sometimes works as a fix.

Another fixt talks about a situation depending on whether its a steam download - rather than cut and paste I'll just include the link

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1684067

it's just from the steam forums.

As for a time when you just installed the game and it ran....that's always actually been a rarity. What's really changed is the degree of unfinished state that new games are allowed to get away with, sometimes the initial patches are larger than previous years entire games and you're expected to download these fixes at your cost. Seems that progress means prettier games with shoddier code.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons not to wait for the Apple Watch: Why you shouldn't buy the iWatch

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How Emotional Debt is damaging digital design

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room