We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Games

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Games you abandoned

Inept Pig

Likes # 0

This is a very rare thing for me as I am often grimly determined to play through each purchase to the bitter end (normally without cheating too), but there are some games that were just too much of a challenge to my time with little reward - the first few I can remember are:

Hellgate: London - became dull and repetitive, cheated my way to the end and forget exactly what happened; a shame as it didn't start off too bad...

Doom3 - rubbish; very pretty and all that - but the gameplay was dated and the entire switching between flashlight and gun was annoying - got bored, cheated, finished, felt empty inside.

Okami - I feel guilty about this one, it was perhaps the last game I bought on the PS2, but was soon surpassed by playing retro titles on the XBox Live Arcade; so there you go: I turned down gaming innovation for the SAME GAMES that I'd bought years ago on a newer system. Anyway, it looked and played nicely enough, it was just that the PS2 got shunted out of the way and I never really went back.

Add to this list any number of impossibly hard Amstrad games, and also a large portion of Amiga titles - in fact, finishing games only became a regular thing with the PSOne and advent of the quick-save on the PC.

Like this post
Jwbjnwolf

Likes # 0

One game that I love is Tir Na Nog. Maybe to millions of people, it would be alot more than boring, but it ain't to me, I love it, as long as you have a sense of direction(by using the compass), then it is fun

Like this post
Jwbjnwolf

Likes # 0

Also, quite often, the games that I get bored of, I do play every now and again. On ps2, f1 2004 game started boring me, that I was going to give it to a club that go to, but I kept forgetting, but I decided to play it again and really had fun

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Apple's 2014 highlights: the most significant Apple news of 2014

IDG UK Sites

Watch this heartwarming Christmas short by Trunk for composer John Rutter

IDG UK Sites

Ultimate iOS 8 Tips: 35 awesome and advanced tips for using iOS 8 on iPhone and iPad