We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Games

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

gamepad

podlod

Likes # 0

Hi, I have finally bought a gamespad for pc only, but it does not seem to work on my game which I am at the moment playing, being assassins Creed. I have a games Merc Stealth keyboard, which may coincide with the game pad? This is my first game controller, is there something I am not doing to be able to run. Thanks for any help.

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

Not all games support playing with a gamepad, If you look in the options of the game you will see if a particular game can use a gamepad to play.

Like this post
Inept Pig

Likes # 0

Also depends on what pad you went for - some pads have a key mapping utility that you can run so that 'unsupported' games can still be played with it.

There's also things like XPadder - but they don't tend to be perfect.

Like this post
podlod

Likes # 0

Hi, thanks for your help. The gamepad I have purchased is the Subsonic EKO wired controller and have never used a pad before, I cant find instructions on how to use the item, not even on the internet. It has connected to my pc ok, and lights up ready to go?

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

Like this post
Inept Pig

Likes # 0

I'd install the drivers on that page and see if that helps at all; you're right though - it's difficult to find much on the pad online.

Like this post
podlod

Likes # 0

Hi, I found a forum regarding the game, and it stated that in options you have to switch over to gamepad which is what I have done, it plays ok now but I have to use my left thumb to control, as I do not know how to switch over to the right knob, any ideas as I have tried everything, and obviously I have missed something?

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

As I said in my earlier post it is necessary to go into options to set/change the way a game is controlled. As I have the game but have yet to play it I have had a quick look and it all seems pretty straight forward though it seems that you cannot switch thumb-sticks. Have a look here click Options,Customize Controls, controller, which will bring up a box with an arrow at each end, this will list your gamepad or near enough, but as you will see,what each button does cannot be changed.

Like this post
podlod

Likes # 0

HI, thank you very much for your help, a nuisance being slightly temp disabled.

Like this post
podlod

Likes # 0

Hi, I have finally managed to control the gamepad, but I wish to change the settings, so I downloaded Xpadder and they give you a list to choose from as to which gamepad you have. As mine is a Subsonic EKO controller for pc, I am not sure what catagory mine would be? A 4, 6,or 8, with 2 triggers. I have looked online but it does not actually say what my controller is ? Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

Would it not be better to post here ForumI would imagine you would get specific help

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons not to wait for the Apple Watch: Why you shouldn't buy the iWatch

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How Emotional Debt is damaging digital design

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room