We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Games

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Has anyone played 'JUST CAUSE 2'

Graphicool1

Likes # 0

If you've played 'Just cause 2' can you tell me if you're playing against the clock. I was thinking about getting it and I've just seen a gameplay video. The guy seems to be constantly on the move, running and shooting, as though he has to complete each mission with a certain time frame. If this is the case then I'm not interested. So can someone please tell me if it is or isn't? cheers

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

I played it for a couple of hours, most of the time I was not sure what I should be doing or where I was going. As far as I can remember what ever I was doing was not against the clock, but there again I did not like the game and gave up on it pretty quickly.

Like this post
Inept Pig

Likes # 0

There's some side missions that are set to time limits (you don't have to do them though) the majority of the game is free-roaming (and time limit free) though.

I think there's a demo available for download if you want to give it a go.

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

Hi Inept Pig

Have you got a link for the demo download?

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

PS

Or is it on xBox Live, as I have an xBox 360?

Like this post
mrwoowoo

Likes # 0

There's a download here. http://www.fileplay.net/file/7775/just-cause-2-playable-demo

Like this post
mrwoowoo

Likes # 0

Like this post
AllThumbs

Likes # 0

As a casual sandbox game it can be a lot of fun. There are set missions, but your overall task is to cause as much mayhem as possible (which is nice).

The moving everywhere thing at speed is just part of the fun (you have a zip line which is like a spiderman web and allows you to shoot at any object in game and then reel it in so you speed toward the target (be it a passing vehicle or static object. Do it on a hill and open your chute and you're airborne - which I find never gets stale.

The game's biggest problem is that the set tasks are a tad dull and a game can only be played sandbox style for so long - but try the demo, as toe dipper it's good fun and if you were timing yourself that could add an interesting edge.

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

mrwoowoo

Am I supposed to download the demo from your link and burn it to a disk. To play on my xBox? Wouldn't my xBox have to have been chipped, because it hasn't.

Like this post
Inept Pig

Likes # 0

If it's for the 360 just download it directly from the Marketplace

There is a way to set it up online so it downloads when you next log-in to your 360 - although not too sure how it works - Demo Link

Like this post
Graphicool1

Likes # 0

Hi Inept Pig

Thanx for that, I'll go and have a look.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 review: Great if you like big, expensive phones

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

This Grolsch ad combines stop-motion & CG for majestic results

IDG UK Sites

Apple rumours and predictions for 2015: What to expect from Apple in 2015