We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Games

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Game developers start to take note

TopCat®
Resolved

Likes # 0

Being colour blind myself I am pleased to read that game developers are beginning to do something to help, where possible.

Anyone here have this colour perception problem? TC.

Click here

Like this post
TopCat®

Likes # 0

The link with video posted above doesn't tie up with the subject matter. Why is that please? I repeat it below. TC

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-13109063

Like this post
TopCat®

Likes # 0

Posted the above BBC url in my browser window (IE8) and it works fine. Weird. TC.

Like this post  
Inept Pig

Likes # 1

Interesting article; however, I think they've aiming at the wrong people - colour-blind friendly options do exist in some games; but shouldn't the call for this be aimed at the developers of graphic card drivers?

I'm not sure if it's possible, but obviously something implemented at that level so everything you play on your system was forced to use would be better than developers having to do game-specific options

Alternatively, there was a LCD Monitor produced a few years back, although obviously I have no idea about if this works and how well.

I think the other problem in forcing changes to happen would be the fact that colour-blind people are very much a minority, although with the stats saying 1 in 20 men in an industry that traditionally has been male-dominated - you'd think there would have been something over the years; perhaps it's just as games have become more graphically complex that the issue has come to the fore.

I'm surprised that Microsoft don't have requirements for such options given their commitment to accessibility in other areas.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

"The link with video posted above doesn't tie up with the subject matter. Why is that please?"

You had inadvertently included the 'http://' twice in your link TC. I've sorted it out for you.

Like this post
TopCat®

Likes # 0

Thank you very much, FE. Like a few others, I'm struggling to get to grips with the new format. It will come in the end I hope! TC.

Like this post
wolfie3000

Likes # 0

Interesting article, but I cant see it being put into force with most new game releases.

Iv had problems myself with certain games, in that I get motion sickness.

There was a recent update in Perfect world where a boss produced blue waves and after 5 minutes of viewing them I felt really ill.

Picture of the waves

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Apple's 2014 highlights: the most significant Apple news of 2014

IDG UK Sites

Watch this heartwarming Christmas short by Trunk for composer John Rutter

IDG UK Sites

Ultimate iOS 8 Tips: 35 awesome and advanced tips for using iOS 8 on iPhone and iPad