We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Games

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Need help with Xbox Kinect please

Daisy22

Likes # 0

I'm very new to the gaming experience and have been looking at getting an Xbox Kinect so we can all - as a family - play games etc. I particularly would like to get fit. Daughter wants a dance game and OH would like a car game something like F1.

Why are some of the games got the title of Microsoft? Are they different? Do they work in the latest Xbox Kinect?

Any online game suppliers that are cheaper than UK shops?

Average prices to pay for an Xbox Kinect?

Many thanks for help

Like this post
Devil Fish

Likes # 0

cant help with a lot as dont own xbox, But as for cheaper games have a look at Amazon.co.uk or play.com they usually have some good deals floating about and are generaly cheaper than the high street

Like this post
Inept Pig

Likes # 0

ShopTo is also a fairly good online store; I'm sure there will be some good package deals with a 360 + Kincet; but I'd think prices would be around £250 (the Kincet being worth around £80 itself).

The 360 has plenty of racing games, but I'm not sure how many of them are Kincet compatible (I would suggest very few at this moment in time) so your other-half would have to look at titles that used the controller pad, or, there are many fancy steering wheels available which could be of interest.

Not sure what you mean about the game titles? Could you give some examples of what you mean?

Like this post
bionicle

Likes # 0

Just got a Kinect and would advise being aware that a single player needs to be at least 6 feet away from the sensor and 2 players at least 8 feet away from the sensor. Ok if you have a big room. Check this site http://www.find-game.co.uk/ as a rough guide for cheapest games.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple shouldn't be blamed for exploitation in China and Indonesia