We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Games

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

The Sims on Windows XP

Big Trev

Likes # 0

I have just tried to install a copy of The Sims, which my son picked up in a charity shop, onto my PC.

It won't run. The PC is running XP Pro Service Pack 3. The game designed in the days of Windows 98.

Is there a patch or cure I can use to make it work?

(I've read on other forums that people have managed to get it to work on XP)

Also installed the Expansion pack "Livin' It Up" but that won't either.

Thans.

Like this post
mrwoowoo

Likes # 0

You will need to run it in compatability mode.
Right-click the program icon/shortcut on your desktop or the shortcut on the Start menu for the sims game, and then click Properties.

Click the Compatibility tab, and change the compatibility settings for your game by clicking on windows 98 or 95 in the drop down menu.
Make sure there is a tick in the box above that says 'run this programme in compatability mode for'
Then click apply.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

The best iPhone 6 alternatives: Price and specs compared with the best smartphones

IDG UK Sites

The top 10 Apple products ranked by pixel density: Which Apple devices have the sharpest screens?

IDG UK Sites

SBTRKT's Look Away webcam-based interactive music video won't keep your gaze

IDG UK Sites

Retina MacBook Air release date rumours and specs: Gold 12in Retina MacBook Air almost 1cm thinner...