We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Games

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Any gamers 30 yrs and younger.?

Uboat

Likes # 0

Flashback to 1986.. most of us now a days have super dooper consoles or hyper spec'd pc's that run awsome games, BUT how about the games i was brought up with.?

Well here goes! this was the legandary "Gryzor" from 1986 and it was state of the art stuff back then! so think yourselves lucky lol

Am i getting old.?

click here

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

click here

Had something similar to this in the 70's

4 lines of leds, left right joystick and a fire button.

you had to time it right to hit a led that was dropping down from the top.

To top it all it had sound effects too!!!!

:0)

Like this post
Uboat

Likes # 0

Fruit Bat Oh good times wasnt they eh! how fast does life move on...

Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 0

What about Manic Miner and Jet Set Willy?!!

Remember the first "Flight Sim" on the ZX81? You had to guide a little cursor down to a white mark on the screen using the cursor keys. That's if the thing didn't crash while you were typing in the code....!!

Like this post
Uboat

Likes # 0

ams4127 oh yes! i was there!
What about Chuckie Egg...?

there was a website a few years ago that had converted 80% of the games back then but i cant find them.? anyone could play the games no adverts no rubbish just gaming how it used to be..but i think its gone.??

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

from Speakers Corner.

Like this post
Jwbjnwolf

Likes # 0

I am 15
I know about that those really old games were great and i wish i was around then.

Two games from the 90s:

1: lemmings, lemmings paintball,
2: Creatures

Like this post
Devil Fish

Likes # 0

well certainly not 30yrs or younger (wish i was ) but well remember and participated in the glory days of the atari spectrum and comodore

i think it was the atari 2600 that brought the delights of astroid space invaders and frogger to our front room

not long after that little bro was modifying code on the zx spectrum and shortly after that i had a real pc in the shape of a 286 which i promptly took to pieces and put back together again it was never the same again thank you for the flashback

Like this post
AllThumbs

Likes # 0

Don't shoot me FE

click here

A mate of mine sent me a game he wrote which was a variant of a ZX game. Predates my gaming memory but reminded me of the above magazine and of how much I loved my Amiga.

For all I like modern graphics I miss the pure gameplay supremacy of some of the yesteryear games.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Samsung Galaxy Note 4 comparison: What's the best Android phablet?

IDG UK Sites

The iPhone is doomed. Doomed to be marginally less successful than a very successful thing.

IDG UK Sites

How to prototype native mobile apps without writing code

IDG UK Sites

How to prepare for and update to OS X Yosemite: Get your Mac ready to download & install Apple's...