We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Games

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

EA Download Manager

gengiscant

Likes # 0

Anyone else had bother with the above.
I received an email telling me I had been awarded a £10 discount voucher from EA Games. So I decided to get the latest Medal Of Honor which also included a bonus pack. Total saving about 17 quid.
Unfortunately it is necessary to use EA's Download Manager to install the game, this is where my problems begin, the game refuses to download there is a small box which gives progress information which shows:
519.6 KB/sec
1.0 GB of 12.2 GB
06:15:09, which did not move.
Total download so far 1GB of 12.2GB.
I have tried it without firewall/Antivirus running, no change.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled, all that has changed is the download time which has increased to over 40 hours.
I have emailed EA but their response has been slow and so far have only suggested reinstalling the EADM. I have replied asking for either; further suggestions,a physical copy of the game or my money back.
I am running Windows 7 fully up to date on a self build.
Any suggestions while I wait for a response from EA?

Like this post
duncan_pereira

Likes # 0

It could just be that your trying to download at peak times. I use Utorrent and occasionally, when im downloading large files, my speed drops from 700kb/sec to 10 or 20 while its still downloading. I presume that you uninstalled and reinstalled almost immediately after, hence you would have got an even worse ETA. (Again like I do in Utorrent)

I suggest you try again early in the morning.

Like this post
duncan_pereira

Likes # 0

You might want to try this
click here

Just use your details to log in and you'll be put through to a live chat where someone will 'presumably' try to 'help' you

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

Perhaps it was the way I descibrd the problem, I am getting no download at all. I to am a torrent user so know pnly to well that download speeds can vary on the time of day, but this is nothing, zilch.
EADM works perfectly well on my wifes XP machine and the game downloads well, but not on Windows 7.
I have had one reply from EA with a suggestion but no luck, so I await further contact.
Thanks anyway.

Like this post
duncan_pereira

Likes # 0

Quick Question, Are you using 32 or 64 bit... I read on a forum that 64 bit is very fussy with EADM and EA in general

Like this post
IClaudio

Likes # 0

Why not use Steam?

I don't know what the bonus pack is that you're talking about, but if it's the single player Campaign, then I have never even loaded it up, and by all accounts it's pretty horrible (as in xenophobic...)

The multiplayer is brilliant and I can't get enough of it.... but the bonus maps are empty of players.

So my hunch is, forget the bonus stuff and go with Steam.

if you ever get on to the MP, let me know and I'll come and kill you - in-game of course :)

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

Duncan_pereira
I am using 42 bit. Had another response from EA saying that at the moment they do not know how to solve my problem,but that it was high priority and with the info and screen-shots will get back to me soon as they can.

Iclaudio
I would normally have used Steam, but I got a tenner off by buying it direct from EA. But if I cannot download it from EA, I will have learnt my lesson and will stick with Steam in future.

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

Duncan_pereira
I am using 42 bit. Had another response from EA saying that at the moment they do not know how to solve my problem,but that it was high priority and with the info and screen-shots will get back to me soon as they can.

Iclaudio
I would normally have used Steam, but I got a tenner off by buying it direct from EA. But if I cannot download it from EA, I will have learnt my lesson and will stick with Steam in future.

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

Why the double post I wonder?

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

Sorry 32 bit. Still waiting word back from EA.

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

Ended up getting my money back.
EA email support,the worst I have come across, Telephone support a little better,when I eventually found the number. Offered me a 15% discount should I buy the game disk direct from EA which meant a lot less of a discount that I originally had. £5.24 as opposed to £16.99.

Will not be taking them up on there miserly offer.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

6 cheapest 4K TVs in the UK 2014: Get a UHD telly without breaking the bank

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air (11-inch, 256GB, Early 2014) lab tests and benchmarks

IDG UK Sites

How to stop your parents opening and responding to phishing emails

IDG UK Sites

Google to ship first Project Ara developer boards in July