We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Games

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Network error?

podlod

Likes # 0

Hi, I have in the passed played total war games through Steam, but I have for the last couple of months not been on the site of Steam, and now when I try to connect to plat the games a message appears and reads= I have a network error, error 1316 unable to connect to internet Steam. I have downloaded Steam again and tried to repair but it says the some. When I give my password to Steam it reads that it is wrong and although they repeatedly give me a new password it refuses to work. Please help

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

Have you used the mighty Google for this error Brian?if not try this click here

The best way to reinstall game and not reinstall all your games again is to go to C-program files-steam and delete everything from the folder except: steamapps and userdata and steam which will say application over to the right.

After you have deleted all but these three, double click the steam application which will then repair the steam client and you will not have to wait for the rather slow re-installation of your games.

PS you might want to consider downloading and installing a spell checker, I suggest this one:click here

More help with steam errors, a handy bookmark.click here

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

'The best way to reinstall game' sorry should be steam

Like this post
podlod

Likes # 0

Hi Glen, sorry to be a pest but could you enter my pc and have a go as last night I was trying to correct for approx 3 hours!

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

Yellow envelope your teamviewer ID and Password.

Like this post
podlod

Likes # 0

Hi Glen, just to let you know that I have finally sent an Email to Steam and they have acknowledged me and will return on how I can log on to Steam, thanks to you. Will contact you this week regarding a clean up of my pc in which you scolded me, ha ha.

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

Reinstall not clean up.

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

Tell me your router model and number again.

Like this post
podlod

Likes # 0

Hi Glen, Inventel, model no>DV4210, livebox EC48, User> knows nothing!

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

I know.LOL

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy S6 release date, features and specs rumours: When will the Galaxy S6 come out?

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...