We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Games

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

New Custom Build Gamer PC

Noob101

Likes # 0

Hi all,

Just looking for a bit of advice, i'm looking to get a brand new custom build pc, mainly to play online games with a mind to be able to play the new COD Black Ops at high end resolution and frame rate.

My budget is around 2 grand does anyone have any recommendations for custom builders in the UK? And any recommendations for specific requirements i should be concerned about, other than graphics card, ram, etc...

thanks.

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

Like this post
gartoy

Likes # 0

Like this post
wolfie3000

Likes # 0

If its FPS games your looking to play then an accurate mouse is essential.

Save some money from your budget to buy the best you can afford, the mouse is often overlooked when building a gaming rig.

Go for a mouse designed especially for gaming,

I myself use a Logitech MXlaser.

The mouse can mean life or death in FPS games,
Last thing you want is trying to get off a 500FT sniper shot and missing, giving your position away.

Also make sure the mouse has extra buttons that you can assign to different actions in game, I myself use the extra buttons for changing weapons so im not fumbling to change a weapon, or assign a button to reload,
A fast reload is key to playing any FPS game.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2014 tech deals UK Live: Best Black Friday deals from Apple, Amazon,...

IDG UK Sites

Why are people still buying satnavs? Smartphones are the modern satnav

IDG UK Sites

New Star Wars trailer: Watch the VFX-laden teaser for The Force Awakens

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers UPDATED