We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Games

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

The original Sony Play station

Simon Sudbury

Likes # 0

Hi

Have acquired one of the original grey models (just going to let my son use it till he get's his new xbox at Christmas).

Have controllers, power lead, video cable and games but try as I may I can't get it to work. Mechanically it's sound but it's just got an RF cable rather than scart and when I plug that into the TV I get no output.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Simon

Like this post
Simon Sudbury

Likes # 0

Many thanks for trying. Unfortunately I'm in work at the moment and those sites are blocked by the filtering software. Will try when I get home.

Thanks for your interest and help.

Simon

Like this post
Simon Sudbury

Likes # 0

Hi again

Noticed one post on t'internet confirming that old Playstations just dont work on the newer LCD TVs, something to do with the resolution etc.

Just strange that it worked initially and now I get the grey screens. Will try those other sites you listed when I get home this evening.

Ta

Like this post
gartoy

Likes # 0

If I'm not mistaken thats the normal screen you get when you boot up without a game in there, you select the left icon to manage the saved files on the memory card & the right hand one is to run audio cds.

Regarding the resolution, if this screen comes up will it not also run games?

Like this post
Simon Sudbury

Likes # 0

Thanks for this. The screen comes up when I boot with a game in!

Not too worried about this now as just bought xbox for our son!

Probably needs to be condemned now anyway. Only got it as my wife works for local hospital and they were getting rid!!

Thanks

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

I am sorry you never got it workimg as there are some good games to be played on the PS1.
If you consider your problem resolved,please tick the little box in the lower right hand corner.

Like this post
Simon Sudbury

Likes # 0

Thanks

Yes resolved I guess.

Like this post
Jameslayer

Likes # 0

Gartoy you are correct about it being the normal screen if you turn the psx1 on without a game in it. I would try a diffrnt game and see if that helps. I am presuming that on the screen you can see a picture of a memory card and a picture of a cd. As the pic only loads 3 inches deep on my comp.

Like this post
Simon Sudbury

Likes # 0

Thanks again for your interest. The screen is included as an attachment earlier on in the thread.

I recall it has something looking like the console on the left side of the screen and a keyboard on the other. We get this screen whatever game we try so have just given up as in the "too difficult box".

Thanks again

Simon

Like this post
X7-250

Likes # 0

i recall an issue with early versions of the PS1 where the mechanism to lift the CD laser would fail, so discs were no longer recognised when inserted.

the solution to this was to use the console upside down, and gravity would allow the laser to drop into the reading position.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

45 Best Android games: top Android games for your smartphone or tablet in 2014 (24 are free!)

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

Do you have the X-Factor too? Mix Off app puts fans in the frame

IDG UK Sites

iPad Pro release date, rumours and leaked images - 12.9 screen 'coming in 2015'