We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Games

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

new 6xxx series launched!

valkia

Likes # 0

Just saw this on overclockers forums :D

click here

Like this post
Colin

Likes # 0

Good news. This should reduce the cost of the 5 Series and I can replace my 4890 sooner than expected.

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

I wouldn't rush to replace your 4890 unless you are going to buy a top end 5 series,your card still out performs some 5's.click here

Like this post
Colin

Likes # 0

gengiscant - thanks for the link. I'm considering the 5850 as the 5870 & 5890 are out of my price range. I'll probably leave it until the New Year and monitor prices in the meantime.

Like this post
donki

Likes # 0

I got the 4890 and it does all i want an absolute beast of a card I cant see me replacing it for a while certainly not for a 5XXX.

Like this post
Colin

Likes # 0

I must admit that 4890 is very good. I can run all the games I have very well at 1920x1200 on my 24" monitor.

However, I like to upgrade when I can so I'll keep an eye on the situation.

Like this post
ams4127

Likes # 0

I'm staying with my 4890 too. Does what I want in Flight Simming and can see no reason to change for quite some time.

Like this post
Coltch

Likes # 0

I'm looking at the 6870 to replace my 4850 - should see a very nice improvement (not that many of the games I play struggle at the moment).

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

Sorry. click here

Like this post
AL47

Likes # 0

im sticking with my 5870, i only paid 200 for it, and everything plays at max

Like this post
Colin

Likes # 0

AL47 - where did you get your 5870 from? I can't find one cheaper than £275.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple shouldn't be blamed for exploitation in China and Indonesia