We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Games

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

pc or console

polish

Likes # 0

cant make my mind up about getting a console or stick with my pc although playing games ok at the moment it will need at least a graphics card in the near future and the fact games are more limited for pc and seem to be heading for download only i can only find f1 2010 as a download.a decent graphics card is in the console price bracket which is another reason iam thinking about the switch.
also does it matter which console or are they similar to each other.
ps sorry its a bit long winded

Like this post
donki

Likes # 0

What other games are you into? FPS, RTS etc.

Any game IMO that is out on all formats will look better on a PC, PC only games look beautiful on the PC. You dont need a £1000 machine any longer to play PC games but consoles are definitely great value for money, it all depends on the type of game you are into. I love RTS and FPS and IMO the PC is better at both.

If I had to get a console I would buy a PS3 simply because of the other things it can be used for, I did have an XBOX but only had it about 2 months.

Like this post
polish

Likes # 0

the games i play are call of duty mass effect fallout3 are the ones on the go at the moment.but it does seem to me they want people who play games to use a console.

Like this post
OTT_B

Likes # 0

Pc for me every time. There's a multitude of reasons for it, but above all, you will own a PC or laptop of sorts anyway, so why not use it?

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

PC for me,better graphics,cheaper games, far more down loadable content from the many cracking modders and map makers out there.But most of all because I just cannot use a game-pad, my thumbs have minds of there own and no matter how often I try I remain absolutely rubbish. So, keyboard and mouse for me.

Like this post
polish

Likes # 0

i have decided to keep with pc for now and have just ordered the new medal of honour.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple shouldn't be blamed for exploitation in China and Indonesia