We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Games

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

gaming isp

harps1h

Likes # 0

I play bfbc2 and recently my adsl24 connection speeds have dropped from 7mb to less than 1mb particularly in the evenings. so i am in the hunt for a gaming isp who will guarentee low latency for my games.

any suggestions

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

Have a look at Be broadband

Like this post
Mr Mistoffelees

Likes # 0

No ISP can guarantee low latency for online games. Your ISP has no control over the route taken between you and your game server. It is this route which controls your latency.

Like this post
harps1h

Likes # 0

unfortunatley BE don't cover Northern Ireland

Like this post
Kevscar1

Likes # 0

Internet speeds will always drop in the evening, kids home from school, people home from work all going online although your drop seems excessive.
Have you had BT check the phone line in case there is a fault.

Like this post
harps1h

Likes # 0

I appreciate the fact that usage will increase in the evening but I think that even the most sceptical would accept that the latest speed test returned a miserable 0.6mb download. You need to bear in mind that for three years adsl24 had provided me with a solid connection of around 5/6mb at night and 7+ at day time. BT have checked my line to avail and my attenuation is sitting at a very low 5.5, so there is no reason for this. adsl changed their wholesaler from entanet to murphx in feb and this is the time that connections went down

Like this post
Kevscar1

Likes # 0

Who is your ISP ADSL is just the type of connection. Have you contacted them to see if they can do anything. Sky changed something at their end giving me an extra !mb download.

Like this post
harps1h

Likes # 0

please read the first line of my original thread. I am aware of what adsl is. I have been in contact with them and thanks to their persistent poor service I have a bt profile of 7150 reduced to 2000.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 review: best ever iPhone is very good... but no longer the best phone you can buy

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple and Samsung, Google and Microsoft's schoolyard spats make them all look stupid

IDG UK Sites

How to successfully bridge the gap between clients and creatives

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room ()......