We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Games

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

My own free online game

Gnir50

Likes # 0

Hi all!

I am proud to announce I have just released my first online game! I have been working on this game for a VERY long time. In fact I started the specifications over 25 months ago and testing started over a year ago and now we are finally ready and have just opened the doors to people of the public..............phew!

Basically you take on the role of a ruler of a city in the middle ages, build up your infrastructure, setup trades, connect roads and build up your military for expansion. The game is TOTALLY free and was designed so that you do not need to spend much time per day on it, a few minutes is enough and is orientated more towards mature players rather than kids.

The game is very "community" orientated, meaning that it revolves around being part of a group or in this case a "clan". Several other forums have shown interest and are already setting up their own groups in the game, so it will get VERY interesting VERY fast.
If you guys plan to create your own clan, then I suggest to select the same country and locate there.

Here is the game link:

click here

Your input is appreciated!

Please be patient, we are still in beta, so there is several additions on the way still especially GRAPHICS and DESIGN (which is why there are no screen shots), if you have any ideas or suggestions you can post those in the game forums.

Note: sorry to the moderators for posting here without prior contributing to the community, if this in the wrong forum please move

Like this post
Kevscar1

Likes # 0

You have some serious problems to sort out if you want to go anywhere.
Tutorials Nothing on how to get started. How to get land by voting brings up a 2 x 1 in square which is impossible to read and it doesn't get any bigger even at 400% zoom.
Eventually brought up buildings so thought I,d start with a mine. Not enough land to build on. Sorry you need to give players some land to expand on at the start.
Small thing why no Atheism in religous choice.

Like this post
wolfie3000

Likes # 0

Serious problems is right, I was expecting at least a flash type game but all you get is a spreadsheet,

I can appreciate what you have done but with a mass of free RPG games online i cant see this working.

If your target audience is RPG gamers then your going to have your work cut out for you, I cant see gamers wanting to play with what looks like a spreadsheet,

Also including Religion into the game although novel will no doubt lead to some serious problems in the near future,

YOu might want to make the game a little simpler to start with as i have no idea what to do once logged on/in, the spreadsheet style just makes it look like a confusing mess.

Sorry if im coming off as overly critical but its best im honest with you.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

I'm no gamer, but I know about software.

Your opening post says "I am proud to announce I have just released my first online game!" and "...testing started over a year ago and now we are finally ready"

but right at the end you appear to change your mind, and say "Please be patient, we are still in beta"

If you're in beta you haven't released the game - you're still in the testing stage, release comes later. I'm not saying that to discourage you, but to warn you about disillusioning people. It's fairly obvious that you still have a considerable anount of work to do on this project before it's ready to face the public as a full release.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Sony PlayStation 5 release date, price and specs UK: When is the PS5 coming out?

IDG UK Sites

New Apple TV release date rumours, features: 'new Apple TV next week' rumour

IDG UK Sites

Mobile email is powerful and useful - but also hopelessly intrusive

IDG UK Sites

How the Oculus Rift VR headset is helping train the surgeons of tomorrow