We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Games

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Dead Space Saved Games

daeburndave

Likes # 0

Hi there
I had a PC crash and had to reinstall OS etc: thankfully I had backed up most data including my latest save games: I have now reinstalled Dead Space and was hoping to load in these saves from my external HD but cant seem to get them to show up in any saved game slot in the actual game: Ive tried drag/drop method but I cant make anything work: any suggestions/answers would be very welcome as I dont really want to start from the beginning ( I had reached Chapter 6 )

Like this post
kalignorgna

Likes # 0

glad you got it working

Like this post
daeburndave

Likes # 0

Hi Kalignorgna

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you but Ive been away on business: tried out your suggestion and Hey Presto it works! Well done that man..your gold watch is in the post! Have a good Christmas.

Like this post
daeburndave

Likes # 0

Hi kalignorgna

Thks for your response: I'll give this a try shortly
and let you know the result.

Like this post
kalignorgna

Likes # 0

Sorry for the double post don't know why that happened

Like this post
kalignorgna

Likes # 0

start a new game save as soon as possable quit go the C:\Program Files find Dead Space folder locate the saved game folder by looking for the new save file then once located copy the saved game on your external HD to this folder a long with any hidden file's. when you start the game again you should see your old saved game again.

This works on most games but I do not have Dead space on pc so I can't be specific.

Like this post
kalignorgna

Likes # 0

start a new game save as soon as possable quit go the C:\Program Files find Dead Space folder locate the saved game folder by looking for the new save file then once located copy the saved game on your external HD to this folder anlong with any hidden file's. when you start the game again you should see your old saved game again.

This works on most games but I do not have Dead space on pc so I can't be specific.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Microsoft Band UK release date and price rumours, features and specs: Microsoft smartwatch unveiled

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

This Grolsch ad combines stop-motion & CG for majestic results

IDG UK Sites

Apple rumours and predictions for 2015: What to expect from Apple in 2015