We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Games

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

ps3 or 360 for me? ..

AL47

Likes # 0

i am thinking of going the console route,

pc is to expensive to maintain, and i already have a laptop, and this never ending securom [particularly on red alert 3] has pushed me away

so yeah, i may be after one of these, in the sales

i like all the ps3 has to offer, but its expensive,

but the main killer is the controllers! i used to love the xbox but hated the ps2 cause of the controllers, the xbox was smooth and fitted the hands, the playstation has those impossible [for me] to reach analogue sticks, thus i have never owned a playstaion

is there a way round this or is the xbox just a better bet? [despite no blue ray, media center capabilities]

Like this post
citadel

Likes # 0

if you get an xbox try and get one of the new 65nm jasper chip ones as these have new parts and shold run cooler so avoiding the rrod.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Like this post
AL47

Likes # 0

i had a look at that before, but didnt want to thread hijack

looking at it think its gonna have to be xbox cause the ps3 seems to have identical controllers to ps2

doh!

Like this post
dagnammit

Likes # 0

Do you have really short thumbs? lol.

Like this post
AL47

Likes # 0

i dont think so lol, but i do have quite small hands with slim fingers!

Like this post
Si_L

Likes # 0

Like this post
dagnammit

Likes # 0

The xbox 360 controller is much bigger and heavier but it is more popular it seems.

I have to say though that due to it's size, the 360 didn't get purchased for my 6yr old for Chrimbo but instead we got her a playstation2.

Like this post
AL47

Likes # 0

ive decided against both for now, neither is what i want, i really want something in between with the xbox controller,

xbox controller and games
ps3 media centre and bluray lol

Like this post
grey george

Likes # 0

I believe the 360 controller can be plugged in to a PC and used as for games. I plugged mine in to my vista laptop and it just searched for then installed the drivers, i didn't have any appropriate games installed but i assume it should work. I also switched from PC to consoles because of the constant need to upgrade, but the console market seems to be the same every 3-5 years you have to buy a new one. If they keep working that long.

Like this post
toon_mad

Likes # 0

i use my 360 pad on pc, and i used to own a 360 and unless the new ones are any better, i wouldnt get any. pc games are better for the support,updates,mods etc - dam i hate that ps3 pad too!

i would go:

1) PC
2) 360
3) Mega Drive
4) PS3

its really not for me the playstation 3

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple shouldn't be blamed for exploitation in China and Indonesia