We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Games

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

memory problems

Sorrowful

Likes # 0

am becoing a regular on here...

new software, new problem....

World in conflict...
Having got over the securerom rubbish, now it says Fatal error - not enough memory to run application. close running prgrammes and try again..

Under can you run it, I beat even the recomended specs. have 4 gig ram, loads of hard disc space, fast procesor and graphics etc, windows XP should be fine.

Gone into task manager and cut down the prgrammes running to about 35, butmy CPU runs at 50 per cent most of the time. Have defragged, updated my drivers etc.

This PC is going in the bin soon.... and advice?

Like this post
Sorrowful

Likes # 0

Thanks man - I really appreciate everyone's help. Unfortunately that solution is for Windows Vista and I am on XP. Judging by the forum it also does not work in a lot of cases. How computer games manufacturers get away with this I dont know. They give you minimum specs, you meet them on a standard machione that plays all other software and itsimply does not work. As for product support on this title - forget it. Its scandalous...
And other suggestions... they are much appreciated

Like this post
mrwoowoo

Likes # 0

A few people are having the same problems on this forum.May be something here to help you.
click here

Like this post
Sorrowful

Likes # 0

Ran cacheman to optimise my memory.... same problem...

Like this post
Sorrowful

Likes # 0

Finally got thepatch to download and install properly...... same problem though...

Like this post
Sorrowful

Likes # 0

Honestly, this PC is going out of the window....

Ok,my drivers are up to date.

When I downlaod the patch the PC doesn't know what to open it with.

Its a setup.exe file and the web tells me not to run it, or how to open it.

I am sick of this..... damn PCs. :-)

Like this post
mrwoowoo

Likes # 0

May be a problem with certain Nvidia cards.
Download the latest driver for your graphics card and then play the game on the lowest possible settings.
If it runs ok,then you can gradually increase the game settings until it crashes again.
Also the latest patch should be downloaded.
click here

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

OnePlus Two release date rumours: Something's happening on 22 July

IDG UK Sites

13in MacBook Air review, Apple's MacBook Air 2014 reviewed

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons to buy an electric car and 5 reasons not to

IDG UK Sites

Evernote Skitch: the best way for creatives to doodle feedback