We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Games

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

XBOX 360 Elite Console?

jackthelad71

Likes # 0

Does the Exbox360 Elite Console have connectins for a PC that does not have a HDMI socket though
I do have a DVI to HDMI Converter that could go into my soundcards two DVIs I have a Gforce 8800GTS PCI EXPRESS + DVI + TVOUT.will this take it. I will appreaciate any advice. jackthelad71.

Like this post
MCE2K5

Likes # 0

"I will appreaciate any advice": I could help, If only I could understand what you are trying to achieve.

From what you said, It sounds like you want to connect an Xbox360 to the PC's Graphics Card.

Like this post
longjohn75

Likes # 0

MCE2K5.
Thanks for your reply, Iwant to buy an XBOX360
Elite. But from what I can find out they have a
Scart Lead to connect to a TV.also an HDMI lead
for HD. a computer does not have these, so where do I connect a XBOX360Elite? or any other Console.
I am sorry I did not make this clear. I am 78years of age so get mixed up sometimes.I hope you can help me to understand how to start Gaming.
jackthelad71.

Like this post
MCE2K5

Likes # 0

Have you changed your name.

Will you be connecting the xbox360 to a TV or Monitor.

As standard, The Xbox 360 Elite comes with an HDMI Cable like this click here=

Also a Multi AV Cable is supplied like click here for Y, Pr, Pb phono connectors and composite video phono connectors.

To connect to a VGA (Computer) Monitor you will need to buy one of these click here as they are not standard supplied equipment.

Like this post
MCE2K5

Likes # 0

Plus a Scart adaptor that connects to the composite video phono connectors.

Like this post
longjohn75

Likes # 0

MCE2K5
Thanks for the advice, I use a 22 inch LCD Monitor
that has a VGA & DVI connections from the PC
I use the DVI for the PC so I assume I could also use the VGA for the Games Console using one of the adaptors you showed me (as long as I don't try to use both PC & Games at the same time.
Though I am not sure if the PHONO would connect to the XBOX360, as there are no PHONO connections on the Monitor or the PC?. jackthelad71.

Like this post
longjohn75

Likes # 0

MCE2K5
I noticed that the reveiw by Spudboy on the
GameSeek advert for the connector cable, he mentions an XBOX Phono Adaptor with 360?.
jackthelad. (Sorry about using the other name!!!.)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Videos leak as Microsoft sets 30 September unveiling

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

IBC 2014 news: video post, CG and VFX news from Adobe, Blackmagic, Eyeon and more

IDG UK Sites

Retina MacBook Air release date rumours and specs: Gold 12in Retina MacBook Air almost 1cm thinner...