We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Games

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Is there a way to stop the analog control stickin?

Si_L

Likes # 0

I am using a PS2 pad for my PC, and the left analog stick gets stuck when pointing down. Any way to fix this (without opening it up - I opened an old one up to see what was inside and it wouldn't go back together again.)

Like this post
Astec123

Likes # 0

Sticking is usually caused by one of a couple of reasons. The most common with controllers is debris (usually food getting lodged into the controller. A quick look around the surround should prove to find if the controller has this problem in general. If there are no signs of this then it is unlikely there is any inside.

The second and probably more terminal problem is that the return spring for the stick has become broken, maligned or similar. If this is the case then really the only way to repair it is either recalibration or replacement. Failing that a new controller is probably required. However I have had success in the past with getting the controller undone and then gently lifting the outer plastics a bit and then refitting the screws.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs UK: Is this the actual Note 4 - video

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

How Ford designs next-generation cars at its Melbourne Design Centre

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, rumours, video, UK price & images: iPhone launch event confirmed for 9...