We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Games

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Graphics Card

Bioshox

Likes # 0

Can anyone recomend me a good Graphics Card

ATi
With Crossfire
Under £60

Bioshox.

Like this post
mrwoowoo

Likes # 0

About the best at that price.
Note the PSU requirements though.
click here

Like this post
Coltch

Likes # 0

You'd be better off saving up and getting a 4850 - the cheapest I've seen is around £110.

Like this post
Armchair

Likes # 0

click here

Dual slot, mind.

I would also go for one really good card, though. I wouldn't faff about with SLI or Crossfire.

Like this post
crosstrainer

Likes # 0

I used SLI up to (and includiing) this machine, but now think that a top end single card is the way to go, this is my 2x8800GTX machine, but it's overkill really.

The only game that takes advantage of it properly is Crysis.

With the 260, 280 series card's arriving only a nutter (me probably) would use 2 of them :)

The ATI top end offering is slightly better than the 280, but you won't get one for £60!

Like this post
retep888

Likes # 0

Count me in as one of those nutters because I'm using 2x GTX 280 (OC). :o)

It might be overkill for others but I do need them for playing in 2560x1600 resoulution.

I've been struggling to have good frame rates in DMC4 with 8x AA with 1 single card but now I can have silky gameplay even in C16xQ AA.

Like this post
crosstrainer

Likes # 0

I probably wouldn't do it if I had to pay the full retail whack...But I don't :)

So will wait until Nvidia have tweaked the 280 to the max and buy 2 :)

Like this post
retep888

Likes # 0

<<I probably wouldn't do it if I had to pay the full retail whack...But I don't :)>>

Nor do I,the price of the GTX280 fluctuated a lot since it was launched,I waited until the right moment and got them both from dabs.com at a price which I believed I'd saved around £300 if compared to the price they charged at launch.(The price went up again afterwrads)

And I believed I didn't pay very much more than what you'd paid for your twin 8800GTX year ago. :0)

Like this post
Crossbow7

Likes # 0

Force3D HD 3850 512MB DDR3 = 55.59 delivered click here

Full details on at Force3D click here.

From the System requirements tab:

"For a complete ATI CrossFireX™ system, additional ATI Radeon™ HD 3800 series graphics card(s), an ATI CrossFireX Ready motherboard and one ATI CrossFireX Bridge Interconnect cable per board (included) are required"

G

Like this post
crosstrainer

Likes # 0

I paid substatially less :)) but I'm in the business :)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals: Get bargains on smartphones, tablets, laptops and more

IDG UK Sites

What the Internet of Things will look like in 2015: homes will get smarter, people might get fitter

IDG UK Sites

See how Trunk's animated ad helped Ade Edmondson plug The Car Buying Service

IDG UK Sites

Yosemite tips: Complete Guide to OS X Yosemite