We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Games

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

best usb adapter to use playstation joypad on vista or xp?

theDarkness

Likes # 0

I am after a usb playstation joypad adapter for the pc, so am wondering what the best one to go for is? I used to have a play.com adapter which worked fine on both vista and xp (using EMS drivers) but it is no longer available on their website when i thought of buying another. I have not tried the actual EMS usb adapter (from consoleplus i think). I should probably go for the EMS adapter but i am not sure if it works with both ps1 and ps2 pads, or if it works as well as the joytech play.com one. i definately need one that will work on both vista and xp. Can anyone recommend any adapters?

Like this post
wolfie3000

Likes # 0

I remember a similar question being asked on a Halo forum and the first answer the guy got was "Proper gamers only use keyboards" lol,

Why not buy a pc joypad thats similar to the ps joypad, theres plenty about and probably a bit cheaper too.

Like this post
theDarkness

Likes # 0

Lol! I would, but its mainly because i have plenty of playstation pads already including an arcade stick, so thought a joypad converter would be the better option, which (when available) usually go for a tenner or less, and i can connect more than one player. Play.com isnt selling theirs at the moment so ill guess ill have to try and get hold of an EMS one as this is apparently one of the few that works both with the rumble and with vista, using the correct drivers :) thanks

Like this post
Si_L

Likes # 0

I have a cheap one of Ebay (search PS2 to USB adaptor), and it has lasted ages, does the job fine.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple shouldn't be blamed for exploitation in China and Indonesia