We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Games

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Could this MMORPG be the new Halo????

wolfie3000

Likes # 0

Iv always Hated MMORPG's due to work doing things just to earn a little money but i have found one MMORPG that just blew me away.

Perfect world,

Iv been playing it now for two days and words cant express how fantastic this game is,
The interface is well layed out and intuitive, The locations are stunningly beautiful and there is a huge array of things to do.

With most games like this you have to take weeks to get anywhere in the game and thats what puts me off them but with this game its easy to play you earn alot for not much work and everything is cheap.

To give an example in 2 days iv earned 23,000 in gold and most weapons in game cost around 250 in gold so you can buy alot for little work.

Most MMORPG games when you start everyone looks the same, the same clothes characters and so on but with Perfect world you can customize your character so much that no one looks the same in game, (iv yet to see anyone in the game who looks like my character).

As i said in the thread title this could be my new Halo, as the story of the game is so engrossing you get lost in the fantasy totally.

Iv only been playing for 2 days and my character even has a backstory.

His name is Shadenfox, he was abandoned in the town of Cambridge (Yeah i know lol) now he travels around searching for for his parents and to seek the truth of his abandonment,

My Character,
click here

Heres a video of the game,
click here

I can guarantee within a few hours of playing you will lose yourself in the whole fantasy of this world.

I cant praise the game makers highly enough for this game and the best part ITS TOTALLY FREE!!!

The official website,
click here

The client download (Warning its around 2GB)
click here

I do recommend downloading it from fileplanet with there download manager, just register download the download manager and then the game.
Also i recommend downloading the patches separately instead of through the game, the patches are on the official website.

Alternatively you can download the game though a torrent on there site.

If people want to find me in game im usually in the town of cambridge or in the starting city trading weapons.
Im usually in game in the evenings.

Like this post
Esc4p3

Likes # 0

I had to effect a change to the shortcut for PW. Had a look in the PW forums and had a tip to change the program shortcut target to end in game:cpw

This now bypasses the patcher and gives me the oracle server which I did not have before (its a Vista thing apparently). My big question is whether your account is on perfectworld.com or cubizone? Because when I try to log in I get the error message "LINK-wrong accoutn or password". I am a step closer now....

Like this post
Esc4p3

Likes # 0

Oh and I downloaded and installed the patches manually.... I was on 'Game 4' and now on game 16.

Like this post
wolfie3000

Likes # 0

Like this post
Esc4p3

Likes # 0

I clicked on the patcher app to create an account, and it took me to perfectworld.com which is where I created my account. Will have a look over the weekend and (re)create my account over at cubizone.

Like this post
Esc4p3

Likes # 0

I tried to register on Cubizone, but they want your passport number as part of the process, and they ain't having that. I tried to make one up, but it didn't take it even though my account seemed to register - I can't log into the game or directly into the cubizone website.

Like this post
wolfie3000

Likes # 0

On the passport section just type in random numbers, it worked for me and a few mates.

After that just activate the game and your done.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Microsoft smartwatch release date, price and specs rumours: Launching within a few weeks

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should I upgrade from Mavericks to OS X 10.10 Yosemite? What you need to know before updating to...