We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Games

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Tomb Raider Anniversary + no save game option

cowgirl66

Likes # 0

Hi, In Croft Manor I'm unable to autosave or save games manually as there is no Save Game in the Escape menu. I skip the first cinematic when Lara enters, cross several checkpoints, but each time I restart the game I'm taken back to the opening cinematic scene where Croft Manor first began.

I have played this game before (although some time past) and I can't call to mind what I'm doing wrong.

I need help!

Regards cowgirl66

Like this post
mrwoowoo

Likes # 0

There are various Checkpoints, but you cannot save manually in the manor.
Your post made me laugh,as well as bringing back memories.
I spent ages in the manor trying to work out how to actually start the game.
As far as i recall,i think there is an option in the start menu to start the game rather than enter the manor)which is training level) first.

Like this post
mrwoowoo

Likes # 0

Just found this.I hope it helps.....
When you're ready to LEAVE CROFT MANOR to play the main adventure, either return downstairs to the MAIN HALL and exit through the front door, which is opposite the fireplace. Or, quit the level by pressing Escape/Start and choosing Quit from the menu.

Like this post
cowgirl66

Likes # 0

No I'm sorry but this doesn't help! The problem I'm having - if I can explain it clearly enough - is that after entering Croft Manor and crossing the initial checkpoints, I am put back at the very beginning (including Introduction cinematic) when I restart Croft Manor.

The game is supposed to Auto save in Croft Manor but this just isn't happening for me.

Like this post
mrwoowoo

Likes # 0

But you don't have to enter croft manor in the first place as it's a training level you can just skip it.
It's something silly on the start menu somewhere.Something to do with your profile or creating a profile i think.
Sorry i can't be more specific,but i will investigate and get back.

Like this post
mrwoowoo

Likes # 0

In croft manor,pause the game,then click options.
There should be a play the game option.If not perhaps you haven't created a profile.
If no play game option click change profile or similar, and i'm sure you access the main game that way.

Like this post
cowgirl66

Likes # 0

Hi mrwoowoo,

Thanks again for your help. I'm having to sign off for tonight but I will follow up on your last posting tomorrow and get back to you with results.

Regards cowgirl66

Like this post
cowgirl66

Likes # 0

I have created a profile of my own using my own name already. Playing the main game of Anniversary is no trouble at all, and has the Save option in the menu.

But I want to play the Croft Manor part first before starting the actual game. It is here where there is no Save option in the menu because Croft Manor is supposed to AutoSave after crossing checkpoints. But doesn't. This is my problem. Maybe I will have to reinstall it...

Like this post
cowgirl66

Likes # 0

I feel I must apologise for wasting your time! I didn't realise that I was restarting Croft Manor every time, therefore losing all autosaves. Things are now ok but I'm so sorry for my mistake.

Regards cowgirl66

Like this post
mrwoowoo

Likes # 0

No apologies needed and certainly not a waste of time.This is exactly why the forum is here.We all get stumped from time to time and it's nice to chip in your two pennies worth as well.
I had the same trouble when i first played it,but it was so long ago i couldn't remember how to do it.
It certainly is a strange profile system.
Role on tombraider underworld(O:!

Like this post
wolfie3000

Likes # 0

I love this game,
One option is to use a game save,
click here

HOpe this helps and dont forget i have mods for this game, just download and use, there easy to install and wont affect the game files in any way.

Iv included everything you need in the download.

click here

Theres also pictures of what the costumes look like on the mod page.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Latest bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more this...

IDG UK Sites

Tech trends 2015: 3D printing grows up

IDG UK Sites

10 mind-blowing Oculus Rift experiments that reveal VR's practical potential

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & other Black Friday tech offers