We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Games

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

New Stalker Game

morgueman

Likes # 0

Hello all, just to say, a new S.T.A.L.K.E.R. CLEAR SKY, game is on its way, might be old news for some though! Its set a year before the first game and you can go to GAME, under preorders for more info about it. Its released on 29.08.08.
Liked the first game, but wasent to keen on the multiplay, but should be worth a look at when it comes out!

Like this post
kalignorgna

Likes # 0

seen this looks good from the screenshots on game the info posted also sound good

Like this post
crosstrainer

Likes # 0

A FPS?

Like this post
morgueman

Likes # 0

If its like the first one, it is with missions to complete,etc.

Like this post
mrwoowoo

Likes # 0

I quite liked the first S.T.A.L.K.E.R,up until half way through,but i never finished it.
I think i got stuck and couldn't progress any further,then got the hump and then got bored.(what a wuss).
Quite a strange FPS,with an element of role playing in it.
Needs to up it's game a bit if i'm going to get it.

Like this post
Inept Pig

Likes # 0

I bought the original via Steam after spending many moons following it's progress (originally first posting about the game in the old Gamesroom that used to live on this very site).

Must say that it's a huge game, and that occasionally I get bored of trudging backwards and forwards on various quests, and that often this will then lead me running headlong into one of those anomalies as I get careless and bored, and try to juggle walking back to camp with reading a particularly fine book... never a sound idea.

Have you tried any of the Mods for the original? Several of them are quite good and offer good reworkings of the original graphics, and in some cases also remove weight limits to the things you can carry and increase the walk speed (I do remember in the games original development that they promised the ability to drive cars - but like so many other things this was cut in order so that the game was actually released following many, many, delays)

Like this post
mrwoowoo

Likes # 0

You've hit the nail on the head,and myself apparently,as it bump started my brain(well i do have about 20 years on you)
The slowly trudging backwards and forewards on various quests was exactly the thing that turned me into a one button pressing zombie.
Then you would find your way blocked by a contaminated radioactive site and have to detour round.
A bit too boring.

Like this post
citadel

Likes # 0

there are going to be less of the anomilies but they are going to be of some use at last.

Like this post
Spook Tooth

Likes # 0

"Must say that it's a huge game, and that occasionally I get bored of trudging backwards and forwards on various quests, and that often this will then lead me running headlong into one of those anomalies as I get careless and bored, and try to juggle walking back to camp with reading a particularly fine book... never a sound idea.."

Hahahaha. Mrwoowoo is correct. You definitely hit the nail on the head, old chum. So you got the game eventually, then? And to think you must've started the original S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl thread 5 years ago or there abouts too.

Completed the game myself (albeit accidentally) and got one (very boring and deflating) ending from three or 4 possible endings. It was all because I couldn't be bothered to walk all the way back to the bar too. Thought about going back in, to do it all properly but... y'know, all that walking. It ain't good for ya, especially not in such a radioactive environment.

The sequel looks very nice graphically, as did the first, for its time. Reminds me of Far Cry 2. All that detail is going to be a real killer to run though. I expect we'll all need to do some serious upgrading to our gaming systems if it proves to be a decent enough game in its own right (unlike the bug ridden first). I think the multiplayer possibilities (all that realistic looking cover for instance) make me feel this *could* be a good alternative to the likes of COD4 online and the Battlefield franchise, though it will surely be a sniper's paradise. Might be a real change to traditional online tactics though, that is, if everyone's hiding. :)

Like this post
gartoy

Likes # 0

Ok the original unpatched version was pretty buggy & the System requirements were pretty high when it first came out.

Even so this is still my top game, its totally immersive & with patch 1.0006 runs like a dream.

The trick is to keep abreast of the inventory & get to know the uses of the artifacts, once you have this sussed you can sprint indefinitely & whizz up & down the map. Radioactive barrier? No sweat, just get a couple of decent artifacts on your belt & you can roam through all that radioactive garbage without worry. Even the Vodka has a use!

The Oblivion Lost mod makes it into the game it should have been, all the drivable cars are there, the weapons are improved, anomolies move, the night is REALLY scary, the AI is much harder, reactor blowouts are now completely random instead of just at the end of the game, all the original beasts are now included...

Give it a few patches & I bet the new one is just as good if not better!

Like this post
morgueman

Likes # 0

I must admit i did enjoy sniping, especially with the german rifle, forgotten the name, around the big base with the guard towers, been awhile since i played it!
Did manage to finish one ending, but like most people heere hated going back and forth all the time to various places, made my feet sore just playing the game!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Samsung Galaxy Note 4 comparison: What's the best Android phablet?

IDG UK Sites

The iPhone is doomed. Doomed to be marginally less successful than a very successful thing.

IDG UK Sites

How to prototype native mobile apps without writing code

IDG UK Sites

How to prepare for and update to OS X Yosemite: Get your Mac ready to download & install Apple's...