We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Games

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Alone In The Dark

crosstrainer

Likes # 0

I've just heard a radio review of the game, and the news isn't good. Poor game-play, bad plot, slow graphics (even on a quad core)

Guess I'll wait and see what others think.

Like this post
gengiscant

Likes # 0

PC Gamer gave it a score of only 39 and a couple of other reviews didn't rate it much better.TUROK has been rubbished as well. So I'll give them a miss for now.I'll carry on with the oldie Castle Wolfenstein for now.

Like this post
Bob The Blob

Likes # 0

Bought it on Ebay - installed - played for 15 minutes - appalled - uninstalled - advertised on Ebay again - sold!
What a piece of crap.

Like this post
crosstrainer

Likes # 0

That then :( no new decent games for a while now...Awaiting the new FEAR, and a long way down the road until Crysis 2 and Doom 4.

Back to polish up my flying skills on Fkight SimX :)

Like this post
Bob The Blob

Likes # 0

They can't even get Flight Sim X right. The state of PC games at the moment is shocking!

Like this post
crosstrainer

Likes # 0

Have you installed the 2 service packs? Runs fine on my Vista machines.

click here

And then:

click here

Should sort things out. If you are having specific problems start a new thread here, I know the software pretty well.

Like this post
Bob The Blob

Likes # 0

Yep I tried it with all the updates and tweaks. Runs rubbish compared to FS9. This is on a dual core 4400+ with 7900GTX gfx card.

Like this post
crosstrainer

Likes # 0

Should run fine. Crank the graphics settings up (I know it makes no sense but it works for some) Also certain programmes will slow it to a crawl (PC Tools Spyware doctor is one)

Also some antivirus programmes can cause problems too.

How much memory do you have?

Like this post
Bob The Blob

Likes # 0

Vista with 3GB in dual channel mode. I tried everything but couldn't get on with the game. Will wait for the next version. Hopefully they will rewrite the game engine.

Like this post
mrwoowoo

Likes # 0

Half way through Turok and have come to a stop.
Rather average at best.A bit boring to be honest.
Oh what a games void we are in.
crosstrainer
Glad you didn't get Alone in the dark because of me drawing attention to it.We might have fallen out.(O:!
Still might get it though, despite the reviews as it's my favourite genre.I like scary.
Mass effect has had rave reviews and i can't get into it at all.Still,each to his own.

Like this post
crosstrainer

Likes # 0

Trouble is.....The reviewer said he wasn't scared once :( I'm going to give it miss, but hope you are not disappointed in it.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia branding killed in place of 'Microsoft Lumia': Windows Phone moves into new era

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should you update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8? iOS 8.1 brings back Camera Roll, adds Apple Pay in...