We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Games

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

FEAR Expansion Packs

Colin

Likes # 0

I have finished playing FEAR for the second time. I wasn’t that impressed with it first time round and I only played it again as I’m between games. It now looks quite dated, the graphics are poor and the gameplay is very linear. I have a Radeon 3870 and an E8400 CPU so can play it at full detail at 1600x1200. I see that there is FEAR Gold which has 2 expansion packs as well as the full game. Do the 2 expansion packs look and play the same as the original or are the graphics updated and the gameplay improved? I’ve read a few reviews which say that the 2 packs are as good as the full game, but do any forum members have any views?

Thanks

Like this post
mrwoowoo

Likes # 0

The expansion packs of which, Perseus mandate i have played,are basically the same as the original.
I would sum it up like this.
If you’re a fan of F.E.A.R. and have just been looking for more of the same firefights with a couple of new weapons and enemies, then you’re probably going to find Perseus Mandate fun. If you’re looking for something new or compelling and some flahy sound or visuals, don’t bother.
I loved F.E.A.R and loved Perseus mandate.If you
wasn't impressed with F.E.A.R then this will leave you cold as well.

Like this post
mrwoowoo

Likes # 0

Just to add that i'm really looking forward to the F.E.A.R sequel'Project origin'later in the year.I particularly like the particle effects from the bullets,the great sound and of course the scary bits.Apparently the development team had to ask the top man wheather a certain element was too scarey or not, to include in the game.
Great stuff.
But,if it aint your thing,it aint your thing.

Like this post
Armchair

Likes # 0

Perseus Mandate is supposed to be a real stinker. Extraction Point is worth getting cheap (ie 2nd hand).

Like this post
Colin

Likes # 0

Thanks for the responses. I'll probably still get it when I see it cheap enough. I have a good second hand games shop close by.

Like this post
Armchair

Likes # 0

I got Extraction point for £3, used (Grainger Games).

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...