We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Games

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Age of Conan

kalignorgna

Likes # 0

any of you playin this, been playin for a couple of days now already got to level 19 with my barberian. excellent game when online but fail to se the point in the night single player mode. played a misson last night on single player and only had to kill the main dude as all the other NPC would not fight me due to my level (they were all 10-11 in level). also do any of you know how to start a PVP battle in AOC HA I read that you have to be on certen servers to play it such as battlenet (which I'm on at mo) and that it is latter in the game since I'm in the first city at mo I don't no what you have to do to use the PVP

Like this post
kalignorgna

Likes # 0

think I now know why ive been havin these probroblems with AOC HA just did a speed test of my sys instead of the 8mbps i'm supposed to be gettin I'm gettin just over 2mbps (thought it would be more like 4mbps so I'm Declaring this problem as Reloved thanks for ur help anywayz

Like this post
IClaudio

Likes # 0

My BFG 8800GT (factory Overclocked) card arrived yesterday, along with a Akasa Vortex Cooler, looking very smart with a huge fan and even huger copper pipes and heatsink (£14, worth a punt, I thought...).

The Akasa is 'nVidia and ATI compatible' - except the BFG 8800GT :( (it's about 1 and a bit centimetres too long). But the card has a pretty big fan and heatsink built in, and although it's running hot, it doesn't seem to be a problem...yet.

And the good news is that Conan is now running properly :) But I've lost my month's free play :(

Like this post
kalignorgna

Likes # 0

is shader modle 4.0 only compatable with vista like directx 10? there don't seem to be a option to put higher then 3.0 on mine and the auto updades should patch it acordingley so that soulded be a problem.

on a note why dident funcom mention in controls how to dive only found out last night by complete acident panin round a lake look for a chest looked down and he dived!! and as for the PVP i think everyones to bissy killin stuff to bother with a match

Like this post
IClaudio

Likes # 0

I've installed the game several times now (about 5 hours per install 80 ) lol

My new card will arrive tomorrow I hope, so let's see what happens then!

Like this post
kalignorgna

Likes # 0

who do you speek to to get the mining/hunting and so on skills

Like this post
kalignorgna

Likes # 0

mrwoowoo i'm runin XP SP3 at mo

IClaudio with tat rig you should have no probs hardware wize bad instail prehaps? also check the options on video before startin the game I just set evry thing top on fri and the games crashed bout 5 time allready so migt be worth lookin at what u got it set at

Like this post
mrwoowoo

Likes # 0

I know it's Vista compatible,but it might be worth giving it a try in xp compatibility mode.

Like this post
IClaudio

Likes # 0

kalignorgna: Pentium Dual 3GHz, GeForce 8600GTS, running latest drivers, 4G DDR. B/band nominally up to 8MB, but usually 2 or thereabouts :( But assuming all my other games, including BioShock go like hot butter off a shovel, I'm at a loss to understand why AoC should run so badly (I know I've described the symptoms badly, but I'm sure it's not a bandwidth prob...)

bstb3: Ooops, sorry, I meant to say 8800GT with no X <blush> My PSU is 600W, so will cope I think (tho' I do have lots of stuff hanging off it, tsk...)

I'd love to enjoy the game!

Like this post
bstb3

Likes # 0

I ran the game on an 8800GTX with no problems. 256mb on the card isnt really enough to run the game well, so your card upgrade should do the trick (my 8800GTX has 768mb not 512 though, thought they all did?). I hope you checked your PSU is up to it - they are a bit power hungry.

Kalingorna - some of the capes you will see are the drinking cape, this was a bonus for either beta registration or pre order (I forget which) and is available from level 1. It has no useful benefit other than looks. The first cape I got in game was at level 40, as a quest reward.

Hope you both enjoy the game,

Bstb3

Like this post
kalignorgna

Likes # 0

when palyin for a wile does your main map go blank then a few second latter your ingame map go blank and affter a few minites your server seems to die game closses and you get and error mesage on screen. and does anyboady know how on earth to fix this and it is not my broadband (up to 8mbps not sure of current speed)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals: Get bargains on smartphones, tablets, laptops and more

IDG UK Sites

What the Internet of Things will look like in 2015: homes will get smarter, people might get fitter

IDG UK Sites

See how Trunk's animated ad helped Ade Edmondson plug The Car Buying Service

IDG UK Sites

Yosemite tips: Complete Guide to OS X Yosemite