We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Games

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Bus driver (please help,my son wants it )o;!

mrwoowoo

Likes # 0

My youngest(aged 10)has downloaded the bus driver 1 hour time limited demo twice.Once on my pc and once on his.The problem is,he loves it and wants to buy it.
He absolutely loves driving games,but this?come on.
Moral dilemma: Do i let him buy it and commit him to a life of anoraks, NHS glasses and note pads?
Be a mean and nasty dad and tell him to get yet another racing game?
Bite the bullet and play it with him?(please don't make me)

Like this post
D@ve

Likes # 0

Most kids that age love playing games and although that one doesn't sound particularly exciting, it's better than him asking you to buy Grand Theft Auto for example.

I can sort of see where he's coming from actually. When I was a child I used to play Driver on the Playstation and I used to get great enjoyment going on a free drive then just driving around the city trying to obey all traffic laws. I guess it's the next best thing to actually driving a real car like your parents.

Like this post
crosstrainer

Likes # 0

Can't say it would be my choice of game, but many do enjoy this type of thing...Look at the popularity of "Train Sim"

I would bite the bullet and let him have the game. I'm sure it won't turn him into an anorak :)

Like this post
mrwoowoo

Likes # 0

Yes he has the train sim as well,but soon got bored, which i expect he will do with this.
As d@ve says,better than playing GTA and the like.
He's mad on driving/racing games, and i think the idea of having to indicate and obey traffic laws for points appeals as he can play at being grown up.(spot on d@ve)
Of course he can have it,it's his pocket money that he's saved.
Actually i watched him play it and it's not quite as bad as i thought.Arggh,i'm turning into a geek as well.Now where's my bus time table(O:!

Like this post
bstb3

Likes # 0

you could always pretend it was a licenced game for the movie Speed :) dont let the speed drop below 55 or Kaboom!

On a side note, wasnt there a mission in GTA: Vice city where you had to drive a tour bus like that?

Like this post
mrwoowoo

Likes # 0

That sounds more like it(O:!
He won't graduate to the next level like that but it sounds more fun.
Soon i'll have a boy racer on my hands.

Like this post
crosstrainer

Likes # 0

Out of curiosity, how do you play a multiplayer game in a bus sim?

A race to your timetabled destination, spraying the poor passengers all over the place? :))

Like this post
theDarkness

Likes # 0

click here The game does play better than i expected, not too taxing and more interesting than the average train sim, lol. To get you in the mood, read the diary of a real uk bus driver, first heard of this on bbc radio, lol! click here

Like this post
mrwoowoo

Likes # 0

You all play the part of a passenger on the bottom deck in FPS mode.Aiming is difficult even in the confined space as the bus lurches from side to side,making the rounds last longer.Enemies range from middle aged mums and dads to oap's and the drunken old soak in the corner that everyone uses for target practice.Basically a training level.
The last player standing goes up the stairs to the next level.
Here the enemy is harder,tougher, faster and younger ,But don't despair as some of the AI is chronically nonexistent.
Hoodie..Very dangerous with very fast hands ,honed by endless hours on his xbox 360 but low AI.
The smack ead...basically cannon fodder.A melee attack should do it.(no AI)
Negotiate this level and it's on to the terminal.
Fares please.

Like this post
mrwoowoo

Likes # 0

Are you admiting to playing the demo or even the game?
Some websites make me smile,but your link to bloodbus was a riot.It had me giggling throughout.
Priceless. ((((O:!
Don't think i show my youngest though.(O:!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Samsung Galaxy Note 4 comparison: What's the best Android phablet?

IDG UK Sites

The iPhone is doomed. Doomed to be marginally less successful than a very successful thing.

IDG UK Sites

How to prototype native mobile apps without writing code

IDG UK Sites

How to prepare for and update to OS X Yosemite: Get your Mac ready to download & install Apple's...