We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Games

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Max payne 2 on a laptop, he's piling on the pounds!

theDarkness

Likes # 0

I just installed max payne 2 on my vista laptop. It works fine, but when the laptop is set to 1280x800 from the control panel, and the games settings also to 1280x800, he looks a bit fat, compared to when played on a non widescreen! Is this normal, or have i missed something in the display menu? I would have thought the ratio would have been corrected when they are both set to the same resolution?

Like this post
mrwoowoo

Likes # 0

I assume your screen is 17"
In which case your resolution should be 1280 x 768 pixels.
Not sure how much difference this will make but you could try going up and down a bit to see which looks best.
As it's 5 years old i suspect there is no way to get true wide screen performance with this game ,so you may be stuck with it.

Like this post
theDarkness

Likes # 0

I think it is 17 inch or so, not the largest anyway. The biggest screen vista offers from the control panel is 1280x 800. In the game, 640x480, 800x600 and 1024x768 work fine with the correct aspect ratio, although with borders to the left and right. All the 1280 resolution modes (x600,x720,x768 or x800) create a fat max! Lol. i guess i cant do anything about it, these are the only resolutions the game gives the option to choose from.

Like this post
crosstrainer

Likes # 0

Install the MP2 Patch:

click here

Like this post
wolfie3000

Likes # 0

If your not registered with fileplanet then download the patch provided by Crosstrainer here,

click here

No registrating necessary,

Like this post
theDarkness

Likes # 0

thanks very much, i will try it out :-)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 things we want to see in Android M: New features and fixes

IDG UK Sites

iPad mini 3 release date rumours: 'iPad mini Air' will be 30 percent thinner than current model

IDG UK Sites

Introducing generation tech

IDG UK Sites

This animated film reveals the importance of designing for everyone