We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Games

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Which games pc?

kent85

Likes # 0

Hi,

I'm looking to purchase a pc for gaming, i need it to be able to play all the latest fps games online with no problems.

I have no knowledge of pc's so building one myself is not going to happen.

I would be very grateful to anyone who can advice on which games pc's are the best on the market. Im looking at a budget of around £800 but will stretch if anyone thinks a bit more money would make a good difference in quality.

Thanks for your time

Like this post
mrwoowoo

Likes # 0

Will you require a monitor as well?

Like this post
kent85

Likes # 0

Yes i would be looking to get a monitor within the budget, hopefully a 22".

Like this post
kalignorgna

Likes # 0

CPU E6660 (about 3.16GHz)
HDD 200-300GB
memory DDR2 2GB
grathics card 512MB Nevida Geforce 8600GT

with these specks you sould be able to play most new games and a standed network adapter will allow you to play online games a desent speed as long as you have a half desent internet conection

Like this post
Lukaduke

Likes # 0

I'd reccomend a Mesh Athalon with xp for gaming...it runs all my ga,es

Like this post
mrwoowoo

Likes # 0

This will do,although it's a shame you can't up your budget for the one next to it.
The 8800gt is a far better card than the 8600gt although it will play most games around medium settings.
click here
click here
If you go for a 20" instead of a 22" monitor from Nova tech,it will save you over £60.00.

Like this post
mrwoowoo

Likes # 0

You could have 2x 1GB 8600gt's in sli mode and a 20" monitor for £820.00.
click here
click here

Like this post
Lukaduke

Likes # 0

Maybe a vista XPS with top of the range graphics cards

Like this post
Si_L

Likes # 0

I would recommend for a 22", a Samsung SM 2232BW.

click here

Like this post
Mr Mistoffelees

Likes # 0

Si_L's recommendation is a very good one. I have had the same monitor for around 6 months now and it is superb, very good for gaming with it's 2ms response time (grey to grey).

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Samsung Galaxy Note 4 comparison: What's the best Android phablet?

IDG UK Sites

The iPhone is doomed. Doomed to be marginally less successful than a very successful thing.

IDG UK Sites

How to prototype native mobile apps without writing code

IDG UK Sites

How to prepare for and update to OS X Yosemite: Get your Mac ready to download & install Apple's...