We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Games

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

PS2 games on a PS3?

Martin12

Likes # 0

I understand using PS2 games on the latest PS3 does not work. Is there a work around?

Like this post
mrwoowoo

Likes # 0

According to this compatability list some can.
It is dated mar 2007 though.
click here;ZSESSIONID=LdRt6yfjps3w6WvC42LGCYfYpqvTzQJbZWqnkMM44JNt751rM3SC!-1871516198?locale=en_GB

Like this post
GRIDD

Likes # 0

They will not work on the UK 40GB model at all.

Like this post
Armchair

Likes # 0

Yeah, the first versions (ie 60GB and IIRC 20GB Hard drive) were backwardly compatible, but the 40GB version that's been on sale for ages has no such support whatsoever.

Like this post
theDarkness

Likes # 0

thats a bit of a let down, especially with sony once putting across the great backwards compatibility of the ps2 and the playstation as the ultimate brand/console. If you want to take over the market, having every console you make under the same name and compatible with all old software is a good idea, since users may just stick to the brand with each new generation. the playstation no longer being the current leader isnt helping, and I guess making it backwards compatible just adds unnecessary cost in the long run. the wii sounds too energetic for me, though! Lol. Would have only wanted one for zelda, mind you. :-)

Like this post
gazzaho

Likes # 0

I guess Sony would rather sell machines than having them sit on the shelf, and it appears they had to remove some features in order to get the price down to a more user friendly level. In my opinion they should have gone the Microsoft route and offered different specs for different prices.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

O2 to sell exclusive red HTC One M8

IDG UK Sites

iTunes 12 release date & rumours: When is iTunes 12 coming out?

IDG UK Sites

Welcome to the upgrade cycle - you'll never leave

IDG UK Sites

Why smartphone screens are getting bigger